Going crazy after bumping into first love after 3 years, please help me stop!

bill497

Hi all,

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. An ex ("the ex") resurfaced and haven't seen her at all in three years. I ran into her in our hometown (suburb of chicago) (she was my highschool sweetheart - first love). We dated for four years and we finally broke up in our early twenties(she did the actually breaking up). We both knew it was over, the relationship got kind of stale and we were both young and inexperienced. Anyways with the help of message boards I got over her, albeit it took about a year (that hurt bad). I did try to get back with her shortly (maybe a couple months) after the breakup to no avail - and it was good though it made me move on and meet new people. I have to say my life today hasn't been better (career-wise + family-wise). I have dated women in the last few years and have had a few somewhat serious relationships but I never ever forgot about her. The women I dated could just never compare to her. Anyways back to the present - we had an unbelievable conversation and the chemistry was unbelievable (a friend who left us alone remarked "It was uncanny how you guys just clicked"). We left it kind of awkward because I actually got really nervous at how well we were getting along and kind of made a quick exit - w/o saying goodbye (I really didn't know if I owed that to her anyways).

I got enough details from her on how to contact her easily but I guess I am wondering should I? Part of me really just doesn't want to look stupid or bother her - still trying to get back with her after all these years, lol. I am even freaked out she could stumble upon this post (yes I am crazy). Anyways am I completely insane to even think about her like this? I guess she could contact me as well and I could leave it like that. But I really want to do something about this but it kind of violates something I said I would never do!!!(contact her again)

-Bill

When you said you'd never contact her again, you were in a different place. YOu need to follow your heart NOW not your heart from the PAST. If youwant to contact her to thank her for the nice conversation the other day--DO. And, you can leave it at that. Perhaps you could contact her to apologize for leaving abruptly. You don't have to ask her on a date, unless it seems like she'd like that

It sounds like you need to contact her, and it can't really hurt anything if you do it in a mild manner. Best of luck to you...