10 months after break up

HeartBreak11

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to update you all on progress, Its been 10 months since we split, with very little contact and bumping into each other once.

I can honestly say, I am probably 90% moved on, Great shape, I have been dating but have yet to find someone. Did all the things you are suppose to do to get your mind off of the past relationship.

The only set back I had, I just found out that ex already moved in with someone not to mention they started dating a month after we broke up, 3 year relationship. I am actually ok with it but the only part that stings, they don't live far and I know its a matter of time before I cross paths with one or both of them, I don't want ex back but it hit my ego a bit. Any suggestions on how to handle something like this? Besides not caring? We still do share some mutual friends. I am sure many of you don't want an ex back but it does sting a bit when you see they moved on and moved in with someone so quickly, agree?

I will keep working to perfect my physique, work harder at work and keep doing my best to set up dates.

Hey there. From what i can see you are doing great!

I can totally understand you, and i know just how it feels. Even though i wasn't anywhere near moved on when my ex found someone else, i can tell you that the pain Dissapeared very quickly. You will accept it sooner or later, and when you do it might just be even more helpful in totally moving on.

I saw my ex and the new guy occasionally in the nightlife, but only once together and yeah it did hurt abit but it was easy to put my mind off it since it was at a club and i was busy getting hammered and hitting on girls.

I think it's just very important not to compare yourself to them, and yeah it does suck to not have found someone yourself when they have. But the most important thing is to be happy with yourself, and that will also make it much better when you finally do find someone else.

Philosoraptor

All you can do is continue on your path to healing. But realize that what you had with her didn't work, and you both will move on to better thing. Be happy for her and hope that you both end up with the right person in the end.

Well done! :) I too have just clocked the 10 month mark after a 3 year relationship. Cannot believe it's nearly been a year already. Looking back the past year has been a blur so to speak!

Likewise i've had absolutely no contact with her pretty much from day one. Apart from a couple stupid texts and a letter. I've not seen her since the day she left though and what a rollercoaster it has been for me!

I too like to think i'm well on the way to recovery. Yes I do miss her and yes I would still like her back in my life as my girlfriend but I don't think that will ever happen. We got to just continue doing what we are doing now. Maintaining NC and getting on with our lives. Good to see someone in the same boat as me....as well as all the other people here on loveshack! :)

I've only been 4 months since my 3+ year relationship breakup... no contact yet, although I often hope she comes back so we can at least talk... I hope I'm in as good of shape in 10 months... seems to be getting harder to let go...

anyways, good job making it this far. I guess I can't offer much with my limited experience, but maybe try to convince yourself this is for the best. If after 3 years things didn't work out then it's not likely to work on now, especially if one of you has moved on

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to update you all on progress, Its been 10 months since we split, with very little contact and bumping into each other once.

I can honestly say, I am probably 90% moved on, Great shape, I have been dating but have yet to find someone. Did all the things you are suppose to do to get your mind off of the past relationship.

The only set back I had, I just found out that ex already moved in with someone not to mention they started dating a month after we broke up, 3 year relationship. I am actually ok with it but the only part that stings, they don't live far and I know its a matter of time before I cross paths with one or both of them, I don't want ex back but it hit my ego a bit. Any suggestions on how to handle something like this? Besides not caring? We still do share some mutual friends. I am sure many of you don't want an ex back but it does sting a bit when you see they moved on and moved in with someone so quickly, agree?

I will keep working to perfect my physique, work harder at work and keep doing my best to set up dates.

Nah, ego, mego. You shouldn't keep pondering on how fast she's moved on. It's part of the course. It's inevitable that she meet someone else and continue her path. She just got there a little sooner than you have for her own reasons. You will get there too. You're a bit bruised that you were replaced so quickly. That's normal but it would have happened sooner or later. Time to move on.

My ex lives down the street from me. After our break up, I was a mouse scurrying trying to hide from him because I was so afraid that bumping into him would set me back. I was even more afraid of bumping into my replacement. Months later we were side by side at the toll booth. Heart skipped a beat, a little discomfort and moved on. A year later I bumped into him at a restaurant with his new girlfriend. I felt nothing. Even exchanged pleasantries and within minutes my head was thinking of other things.

You're doing great. Keep focusing on yourself. She's living her life the way she wants and you are doing the same. You both have different things in store for you. She's found hers and you will too.