LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

! NEED SUPPORT- Major withdrawls!!!!

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2011, 8:22 PM   #1

! NEED SUPPORT- Major withdrawls!!!!

Oh my gosh. I am shaking all over. I am almost disoriented. I don't want to talk to him, I don't feel tempted to break my NC, I am just FREAKING OUT! Some article said my body is adjusting to being out of its comfort zone. Whatever- I don't know what to DO with myself. WHAT DO OR DID you do when going through MAJOR withdrawl? I feel like the world is the most frightening place........
stronganyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 8:50 PM   #2
Established Member

Take a deep breath. Seriously. Breath. Get in control of yourself. Be in control of your emotions and the situation. That will help. Clear your head.

It may feel like it, but this is not the end of the world.

Find something to occupy your mind with. Read a book. Organize a drawer. Write an email to an old friend. Go for a walk. Watch a movie. Something. Doesn't matter how trivial it is. Its not trivial if it helps get your mind off the ex.

When I started having withdrawals I couldn't be alone. Literally. I wanted to be surrounded by people - my friends and family. If I was alone I'd go crazy thinking about things and get sad. Everyone figures out what works best for them during their 'withdrawals'.

This won't be your last withdrawal, but we're all in the same boat. It will get easier over time. Each withdrawal gets less intense (usually). You'll be okay. We're here to help you through this. Keep posting if that helps.
Old 21st August 2011, 8:55 PM   #3
Established Member

Try counting backward from 100, or doing the ABCs in reverse. Go running. Listen to relaxing music and try breathing with your diaphragm instead of your lungs. It's ok. It's going to be ok.
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Established Member

By Still Waters

This is why they made the Calgon commercials. Run a warm bubble bath.

Make some hot Chi Tea, or geen tea or what ever you like to drink.

Light a nice candle and sit in this bath tub. A break for you !

He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
Psalm 23

And this two shall pass !
Queen of Hearts 10 is offline   Reply With Quote