down weeK and going lower

worlybear

:( Its been a very strange week. My STBX mother in law and family have been staying nearby on holiday. My BIL has an 8 yr old son who is great buddies with my 9 yr old daughter.

Inevitably we've chewed over the impending divorce and its brought everything back with a vengeance.:sick:

I feel that I've taken a huge step back and am very down tonight.

They live some distance away and we don't see them much but I keep contact with MIL for the kids- and to be honest, for myself as I get on well with her (better,ironically since the split.)

Should I be distancing myself more? I worry that I'll never move forward if I cling to the past but I care for them and my family does too.

MIL has no contact with her son (my STBX). It's such a mess.

1st Court date is October and I'm filling in the dreaded form E. I'm also going for a general "interview" tomorrow.

What the hell happened to my life?

Where did it go?

This is a rubbish way to live. :mad:

BLEUGH.

((((Worly))))

You show such strength yet can't see it. If the STBX was man enough to care for his daughter then I would say you do not need to maintain a relationship with your MIL. However seeing as he has not got the b*lls to be a father then it all falls to you to look after your girl. You know the truth of the situation - your daughter needs to see that, apart from one piece of work, everybody else still loves her and want to see her.

When my parents divorced, I lost touch with my only surviving grandparents (who did not live in the UK). I managed to reconnect with them as an adult but the damage was done much to my and their sadness. From the age of 12, I never saw them again even though they lived for another 10+ years. Years later, I still miss them and regret never having that time with them. I know you would not wish that on your girl and also your MIL.