i feel so alone

countingstarsagain

countingstarsagain

i've been 4 days nc and just broke down and really cried. i don't have anyone to really console me during this hard time. my parents are both in jail and most of my close friends are mutual and i don't want my condition to get back to my ex.

ls has been the only thing getting me through this and i thank you all for your posts. i've mostly just been reading stuff.

he says i'm the perfect girlfriend, he just needs a break from the relationship to see what he really wants. ugh.

i'm wanting to call him so badly to tell him i miss him, but i know that is the wrong (and maybe worst) thing to do. it just hurts so bad :*(

you're correct, breaking NC is the worst thing to do. Why not go out and make a new friend or 2. Someone out there will listen.

HeartOfAPhoenix
you're correct, breaking NC is the worst thing to do. Why not go out and make a new friend or 2. Someone out there will listen.

Agree with wilson on this one, but don't go out and empty your emotions on someone you've just met (I'm sure you could scare off a few people this way). But go out and meet people to take your mind off of things. If the topic does come up after you've connected with the person a little bit I'm sure they will be understanding and considerate of your feelings.

• Author
countingstarsagain

i went through an even uglier break up about two years ago and my best friend stood by me and talked to me on the phone at all hours and really went out of her way for me. i just feel like i don't want to bother her with this.

the problem with making friends is that it will take a while for me to feel comfortable enough with them to ask them to listen to my problems.

i am going to go out with some girlfriends soon and i'm also planning on going to a concert with a work friend in a few weeks. hopefully these events will help me out some.

the problem is that i feel like being out doing things makes me miss him even worse. i feel anxious to get home so that i can stop faking and be sad without anyone seeing me.

HeartOfAPhoenix
i went through an even uglier break up about two years ago and my best friend stood by me and talked to me on the phone at all hours and really went out of her way for me. i just feel like i don't want to bother her with this.

the problem with making friends is that it will take a while for me to feel comfortable enough with them to ask them to listen to my problems.

i am going to go out with some girlfriends soon and i'm also planning on going to a concert with a work friend in a few weeks. hopefully these events will help me out some.

the problem is that i feel like being out doing things makes me miss him even worse. i feel anxious to get home so that i can stop faking and be sad without anyone seeing me.

Try setting time out of your day dedicated to grieving, it might ease that anxiety you get from going out by knowing that you will have time for that at some point during the day and by doing this you will decrease the chances of somebody seeing you in those low moments. Just keep in mind that it is okay to cry.