~Interrogated by the ex~

Vivid_29

As some of you all know (clia, moimeme, Iamnotnothing), I got kicked to the curb, a little over 3 months ago. For those of you who don't know about the breakup, here is a quick summary --

- caught her walking out of her exboyfriends house at 2:00 AM

- i was severely pissed

- she claimed that nothing happened

- i didn't believe it

- she said that she still loves me and asked me if i hated her

- i told her that i didn't love her enough to hate her

- she broke up with me for what i had said to her (above)

Well, I had a run in with the ex at a 7-11, earlier this week. We started talking -- It was your typical - 'Hi, how are you, you look great', conversations. Everything was pleasant, all up until I got hit by a barrage of questions. She was asking me questions like, 'If I was seeing anyone, If I was meeting new people', ect, ect. I was very stoic with her and answered her questions with 'maybe' and 'don't worry about it'. She kept trying to pry it out of me and I could see in her body language that she was getting annoyed and pissed off. Then, out of the blue, she says, 'You know, if you hadn't said that to me, we'd still be together. I was like, 'Where the hell did that come from???' She responds with, 'Well, it's true'.

I told her that I was bored with this conversation and as I walked away, I heard her mumble, 'You wimp'. I ignored her.

Keep in mind, she has a boyfriend - her exboyfriend, the man I caught her with. This girl, broke my heart. She never cared about what was going on with me before. Why is she so interested now?

I have a couple of ideas, regarding her behavior, but some of it, I just don't understand ---

:confused:

Sometimes people hope to know their exes are pining away for them. It sounds as though she may be one. Too, no matter what she had done, your words probably hurt her. She may hope that you are hurting as well.

i told her that i didn't love her enough to hate her

What an EXCELLENT come back! (Not only that, but the depth of one....certainly feeds the other when things go terribly wrong.)

I don't know Vivid, women are nosey by nature. We have an interior 'information seeking' sponge......ESPECIALLY when it comes to someone we once dated.

Then again.....maybe she is wondering if you are still interested and available.

Would you even consider trying a relationship with her again?

• Author
Originally posted by Arabess

i told her that i didn't love her enough to hate her

What an EXCELLENT come back! (Not only that, but the depth of one....certainly feeds the other when things go terribly wrong.)

I don't know Vivid, women are nosey by nature. We have an interior 'information seeking' sponge......ESPECIALLY when it comes to someone we once dated.

Then again.....maybe she is wondering if you are still interested and available.

Would you even consider trying a relationship with her again?

For a while there, I'd wish I never said those words, but I was upset and felt betrayed.

I'd never ever go back to her. It's dead. She cheated and I have no room for forgiveness.

Same thing happened to me...I talked to ex of over 3 months on MSN about meetiung up to get things back from each other. We started to talk how things were going with each other, and she mentioned she had run into a mutual friend of ours who kept saying how I had made all these new friends, met new people, etc. For about the next 5 mins, she kept asking me about them in, what she though, was a very non-chelant way, but it wasnt because everytime I smoothly changed the subject but she would come back to it...Kinda weird!

When we met to give things back to each other (which was for about 10 seconds), she only brought one of the two things of mine she had, the other she ahd packed away in storage. She told, and I quote

"If I never speak to you or see you again, I will mail it to you"

This after we had both decided to remain friends... That was probably one of the worse things she has ever said to me, but I can say I am happy she did because now my respect level for the girl I held in such a high light has dropped SO MUCH!

I cosign with moimeme, I think she was hoping you would be sad and depressed about her leaving you. She has an ego that needs to be fed. But you are a step ahead because you seem to not care about contact with her!

Sometimes people hope to know their exes are pining away for them. It sounds as though she may be one. Too, no matter what she had done, your words probably hurt her. She may hope that you are hurting as well.

I think moimeme hit the money shot!!!!!! this girl needs to know your dying inside for her.... and i say to hell with her...... this is just manipulation on her part..... so she could hopefully hurt you again? probably!!!