Forever in Denial

Vitai Slade

Vitai Slade

I don't know if I'm ever going to get over her as I doubt I'll ever be able to move past the denial stage.

My relationship with my ex was something you don't normally find between people. The connection was unsurmountable, the love was fiery and intense, we were compatible in so many ways. Four years ago she left me heartbroken and I never stopped thinking about her even years after. Every so often she would come to mind and I'd wish I had that back.

I had that opportunity for two months earlier this year. I got her... and it was the most wonderful two months of my life. Unfortunately, she obviously didn't feel the same. She left me heartbroken once more and I can't get over the fact that I think she'll be back. Maybe not in a month or two months, maybe not a year... but I feel so strongly that we were just meant to be. I don't know what to do. She doesn't want contact with me (just like four years ago) and she says I have no shot with her. Ever (just like four years ago when she convinced me she hated my guts). But I love her... and she's the only one I desire to be with.

Some days I have up days, some days I have down days. The pain is getting better, but I still have that sick feeling in my stomach every morning when I wake up without her. I know I'll never stop thinking about her, but even when she does come back (I'm convinced she will...) I don't know how to take her back. I feel like I should give some resistance at first because she broke my heart twice... that she can't just come and go as she pleases in my life. But all I want is to have her back. I love her so much...

I don't know if I'm ever going to get over her as I doubt I'll ever be able to move past the denial stage.

Ok, so you know this already because you said it yourself, but you need to let go of thinking/hoping she's coming back, and let yourself move on. Accept things and move past the denial stage, so that you can start to heal. Obsessing over it isn't going to bring her back/make the situation any better anyway, it will only make it worse for you.

I get it, I feel the same way about my ex, intense fiery connection and all. When he left me, he actually said that we were "tethered for life" (a little contradictory, in retrospect, seeing as he said it as he was leaving). In any case, after months of stringing me along, he's now with someone else. So now I know for dang sure that he isn't ever coming back. As much as it hurts, finding out that he had moved-on forced me to leave the denial phase, and to stop contacting him. So she's said you have no shot with her, and she's left you twice- listen to her! It hurts like hell, I know- but let those words sink in, believe them, and then you will start the process of moving forward.

What people keep saying, and what we have to try to believe in, is that if they left us, they can't really be the right ones for us.

Hey, i get what you mean it being so easy too love her, i had a mate ten years marrired she broke it off with him it took him a month too move on, there the luckey ones they aint found true love so its easy too move forward.

My last girlfriend was the one. A year later im still thinking off her im with someone new but its never the same, the only thing that keeps me going is what ever will be will be, also be glad you had that time some people never find that connection. good luck