Really ..

Dillon

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. My ex keeps wanting to talk to me, is jealous of when I talk to other girls, still calls me and misses me. But whenever I talk to her of course I am going to pressure her to get back together because that is what I want. I still love her and have done a lot for her. I guess I am using this thread right now to just kinda vent my frustration. I ask if she wants to get back together this Summer and she said we will have to wait and see how school goes next year. Wtf is wrong with now? I am honestly tired of her bull s***. I guess I can't just close the deal? I just don't know how to finally prove it to her that I am ready for a relationship again. When we talk she just wants to talk as friends. But every time I talk to her all I want is to be with her.

reallyconfused2542

its obviously not you, its her not willing to give things another try since you seem to be more than willing. guess NC is the only answer for you

• Author

I have not heard from her in 3 days. She just recently went to a formal with this same guy and they stayed the night at a hotel with their friends. Of course she told me she wasn't going to do anything but I honestly don't know anymore I tried so hard for the girl and she was honestly through all my relationships one I wanted to be with and actually saw a future with. Nothing was wrong with out relationship and all of the sudden she breaks it off and starts talking to this guy but she says they are just friends. This is all frustrating and I figured I would past on here rather than f***ing blowing up on her.

happiness0421

Hey Dillon - this girl is using you. She is putting you on the back burner just in case something else better comes along. F***ed up, right?

Something I read recently: Don't make someone else your priority when you're only their option. Sooo true in your case. And when she doesn't hear from you/gets lonely or whatever, she comes running back into your life.

You really don't have to stand for this. I know it is super hard to take, but nobody deserves someone that pushes them around like she is doing to you. It's just not fair!

I think you will have to start NC again and stick to it. It's going to be freakin' painful for a while, but trust me, it WILL get better!!!

nowwhatnow

i feel for you. my ex bf broke it off with no warning and we have been NC for 7 months now. and i think i am finally ready to ask to try again. nothing was wrong with the relationship - i have no need to beg for anything. i am just going to ask and if he says no than that is all i can do and i will move on. i think that after talking to her calmly she still does not want to be with you its either sh*t or get off the can. at some point you just have to say to yourself that enough is enough. i wish i was in the same town as him so i could talk to him and get it over with but i still have 2 months before im home so i will have to wait. i wish you the best and let me know how things are going.

- nowwhatnow

betterdeal

If it keeps making you upset or angry, stop doing it, and you'll stop being made upset or angry.

• Author

So I am in a bit of a dilemma. My ex called me today and asked if I wanted to go to lunch next week when she gets back from school. I know there are many things I could do in this situation but any suggestions? I could go along and just have a good time with her or should I tell her I am busy and make her wait. I am over the whole break up which was about 3 months ago. I just want to see if we can try again and take it slowly and let it naturally happen over time rather than jump right back in. The question is, is that what she wants?

On a side note.

I have been talking to another girl for the past couple days and am going on a date with her Saturday. I honestly don't know why. I don't know if I should tell her I am not interested because I am still over my ex. I don't want to string her along if my heart is in another place.

DontWorryBHappy

Hey, I'm so sorry for what your going through. I just made a coping log here (called Coping Log Take 2) and I totally feel your pain 100%..... Being that my situation is so close to home with yours I dont know if I can give any advice about meeting up with her. But I WILL say yes, please go on the date. Think of the date as just an opportunity to get to know a new person. A date isnt a promise of anything, it's just a good time. Plus it might give you more perspective on how you feel about the situation with your ex.

• Author

Well somehow my ex found out I was "talking" to this girl and flipped out on me and told me she was crying all last night. She told me she was done. Of course she has told me this multiple times. I told her I was just talking to this girl as a friend and It wasn't like I had done anything with her. But of course she blew up on me and said to not talk to her anymore. So... awesome.

DontWorryBHappy

hmm, she sounds really unstable. I probably WOULDNT talk to her. And didnt SHE break up with you? She has issues if she would get mad about you seeing someone if it was her decision.

• Author

It honestly just feels like everything I do ruins my chances with her. I tried to explain to her that I told this girl I didn't have feelings for her and I didn't want to string her along. But my ex just blew up and said we are done forever. You'll regret this. You ruined our friendship. And now I feel back to square one again.. God damnit lol.

happiness0421

This girl is using you, with the mentality of, "I don't want to be with him, but I don't want anyone else to be with him, either."

TOTALLY unfair - and a waste of your time.

By saying things like "you'll regret this" and "you ruined our friendship", she is just trying to make you feel guilty.

I know that it is hard to tell this now, but you are SOOOO better off without this girl in your life - at all!!

• Author

If she is constantly getting jealous at what I do, and who I am talking to is she really over me? I mean it really shouldn't be any of her business.

happiness0421

She is definitely not over you, but she still doesn't want to be with you. This exact thing happened with my ex. He wouldn't talk to me for days and then when he didn't hear from me, he'd bombard me with "Why aren't you talking to me? Are you seeing someone else already? We're giving up the best thing we ever had!" Um, dude, you broke up with ME, remember? He wasn't totally over me and didn't want to see me go my own way, but he also didn't care enough about me to stay with me. And you know what? As soon as HE meets someone else, he would have dropped me like a hot potato. I don't deserve that - and neither do you!

Sorry if harsh, I just hope to help in some way :o