Big step in healing

dmoceri

Well today after a month and a half after being broken up I deleted my ex's phone number and unfriended her on fb.

I feel like **** right now but I know it was the best thing to do. Having her number tempted me too much to talk with her. And the whole fb thing was too painful. she kept putting up statuses that really hurt me and made me feel like crap. But hey I gotta move on if she wants to contact me its up to her now. I am not going to lie, I really miss her and part of me wants her back but the reality is that she has moved on. Which is a shame. When we first started dating she was a really sweet innocent girl, in the 4 years we dated we never had sex. She kept telling me that we had to wait and we had to behave, I respected her wishes. Her last status post was "I've been a good girl all my life, now I'm thinking what the hell" that kinda put me over the edge. It's like, with me you wanted no part in sex or partying, but now your like a crazy person. Yeah real classy. Well anyway just kind of a rant.

TL:DR I deleted ex off cell and fb.

Did the same last week mate, and it feels terrible. It's like you've finally given up on what was so right, and you feel you're letting yourself down. All that time together, for nothing. But in truth it is the right thing to do. People change all the time and clearly your ex has. I know my ex was just perfect when we were together, but afterwards, she just seemed to become so cold and different. I still want her, but in the same sense, I don't now.

I recall a line that I read somewhere that really hit home to me:

I don't miss her; I miss the person I thought she was.

Kinda' sums things up that. Hang in there. You'll go through ups and downs now as memories and regrets will flood back. I'm having one right now so I'm on here trying to take my mind off things. You just got to ride through them. Better things are on the way...

• Author

Thanks guys. It feels so good and bad at the same time. But now I don't have to open up fb (idk why her statuses always were like the first thing shown) and dread what I might see. It def takes a load off.

And I feel the same way part of me wants her back like crazy and another part just hates her for what she did to me.

Thanks for the support.

Find other things to do. Things that make you feel good. I'm getting into yoga, rowing, gardening, cycling, changing career, thinking of moving to the coast, and doing a lot of self-improvement (reading lots of self-help books). Those hard feelings start to subside soon enough.