random bawling

nothappyjan

nothappyjan

Hi its been about 6 weeks since my bf broke it off. I thought i was doing ok lately i'm all into meditating and being super organised and perfectionist to distract myself, exercising and eating healthy. Reading all these spiritual books and trying to be cheery

Then this afternoon probably cause fri night was always our time together I've just lost it and started crying hysterically i nearly threw up in the shower from crying and i feel so alone and like i just want to die and never speak to anyone again because i'm just not the same person, nothing feels the same anymore. I'm still bawling my eyes out right now and i'm not a crier. This is after no contact for 5 weeks at all.

Thatguyintx

I know it got easier once I understood the pattern of healing. It's very cyclical. You will have up days and you will have down days. Knowing that helps since you can recognize this is normal. It also helps so you can be prepared for one of the bad days when they come.

I am almost 7 months out from the breakup, 5 months of NC. It does get easier. I still have pangs and sadness, but most days are very positive. And some day the pain from this breakup will fully pass.

Go easy on yourself and know that you are going through normal feelings and emotions.

Frankly, it's a good thing you are allowing these times to feel the pain. So many people "stuff" and "just move on" without allowing the release. It usually comes back to haunt them later.

Think of a day when your screen name will need to be changed to something more positive!

Thatguyintx

I know it got easier once I understood the pattern of healing. It's very cyclical. You will have up days and you will have down days. Knowing that helps since you can recognize this is normal. It also helps so you can be prepared for one of the bad days when they come.

I am almost 7 months out from the breakup, 5 months of NC. It does get easier. I still have pangs and sadness, but most days are very positive. And some day the pain from this breakup will fully pass.

Go easy on yourself and know that you are going through normal feelings and emotions.

Frankly, it's a good thing you are allowing these times to feel the pain. So many people "stuff" and "just move on" without allowing the release. It usually comes back to haunt them later.

Think of a day when your screen name will need to be changed to something more positive!

My ex broke up with me 4 months ago, and as of today I'm 13 weeks NC...and I still have the random outbursts. Some days I'm fine & indifferent, and from out of the blue, something acts as a trigger and I'm a mess all over again. Last weekend, it was a line out of a book by Patti Smith.

I think some people put too much pressure on themselves to "get over" a breakup...probably because they see others around them who have dealt with the same situation and think, "Well, they seem okay, why don't I?" Truth is, some people are just better at covering up their pain than others, and depending on what happened in the split, sometimes it's easier to get past.

The best thing to do is not beat yourself up for having a "fallback"...just try your best to get back into your routine. Go to work, get out with your friends, pick up some new hobbies or go back to some old ones. This is all just the normal process of mourning a relationship...just be good to yourself. Take baby steps if you need to, but don't try to rush through it.

One day at a time. :)

Duckduckgoose

Ah you cry in the shower too... same here.

It feels like a rollercoaster you will have good days and bad days. I have not cried for a few days now, the weather is improving too so I will hopefully cry less.

I also noticed that I cry more about my divorce around my PMS/period. Does your hormones maybe have something to do with it?

I am not much of a crying woman either, but divorce will put even the best person at their lowest of the low :(

There have even been times when I can't be in public long enough to get groceries without wanting to ball. I am a fairly extroverted person too.

silvermane187

I'm almost 6 months out of the dumping and it still happens to me. Sometimes I'll be completely fine until something randomly triggers me in to feeling like I want to break down. If you're alone don't feel bad about letting it out. Bottling it up does more harm than good.

I'm almost 6 months out of the dumping and it still happens to me. Sometimes I'll be completely fine until something randomly triggers me in to feeling like I want to break down. If you're alone don't feel bad about letting it out. Bottling it up does more harm than good.

I'm just like Silvermane, but probably 7 months since the break up and 6 months NC. Probably more than that, cant remember lol.

But i still have my moments, they don't last as long as they use to back in the day. It does get easier with time.

Just like Silvermane said, dont bottle it up. It's ok to let go.