How do you overcome loneliness?

orangelady

I know going out and doing things with others, but let's say people I meet do not fill some of the void there?

You feel lonely because you think you are lonely.

I will choose being lonely than being depressed with a guy that doesn't treasure me as much as I do.

ALonerAgain
I know going out and doing things with others, but let's say people I meet do not fill some of the void there?

Ah, so you are still using other people to make you happy?!

The trick is finding things to do for and by yourself that will do this for you.

I know it's hard: I struggle with it myself. Work on you your own self-esteem: read books (self-help, fiction, whatever); go see a film (yes, you can watch a film by yourself); volunteer; knit; sew, something that can be done solo. When you feel confident enough, find a group that shares that interest.

Don't expect too much at first: friendships take time to grow, so chances are you aren't going to meet your new best friend after 1 meeting! Just be content with being surrounded by people and once you get comfortable with that, things should fall into place.

If you still find this hard to do, I suggest looking at your past and going for therapy: perhaps there's something deeper that's preventing you from being happy with (being by) yourself?