Quick question.

paperbag111

paperbag111

Hey guys and gals,

Just a quick question, I finally had the strength to go NC for a while now. It’s been tough but I feel good. Today she broke no contact and tried to call me but I did not pick up.

Question is should I call her back? I know a lot of you believe in NC and so do I but, but then a lot of you, many who believes in NC also reckons when your ex is around to act happy, smile and all and to simply say hello so to act as if you can move on without her and don’t need her.

So which belief should I follow? It sort of contradicts each other if you know what I mean. I don't want to talk to her and remain NC then again I really don't want to seem as though I'm still trying to cope and act all bitter.

Thanks in advance.

I always thought of myself in NIC (No initiated contact). If she wanted to call I'd answer, be aloof and distant - without being rude. If the breakup was cheating/abuse related then I would leave them in my dust though.

Fortunatly (or unfortunatly) she's never tried to get in contact with me so I can't offer any experience on the NIC front.

If I was you (and i'm not so take this with a grain of salt) I'd answer the next time she calls. If I got the hint that it was to string me along then that would be the end of our contact.

Keep NC! You not replying will show her clearer that you are moving on than answering her even if in a happy way ;) I went through it, answered my ex showing how great I am. Well it just pushed me back. We started communicating and after some time all I did was going back to NC, but that time already strict ...

loveforever

I would wait a couple of days (2-4) and then text her "Sorry, really busy. What do you need?" or something like that....

willowthewisp

If it's important (as in she wants you back) she will call again. If she does just say Hi, yeah I was busy etc. The two don't conflict, by not answering and not calling back, she doesn't know if you just don't care enough to call back or if you are angry or whatever. Seriously, if it is important she WILL call back.

• Author
paperbag111

Well she called me early in the morning while I was at work so that was another reason why I didn't pick up.

Thanks for the responses. Come to think of it I'll send her a text or something asking what she wants because although I don't want to contact her, I don't want to seem still bitter and sour and act as if I'd moved on. Also because we have a lot of mutual friends, and I mean a lot, 30+.

I'll keep in mind what you said Veng, I'll try and be strong and not let it push me back. I won't dwell on it that's for sure.

Thanks again guys and gals. :)

Are we related??? :confused:

Because of the paperbag head? Maybe. :laugh:

• Author
paperbag111

Just an update, I kept the conversation quick and simple. I simply answered her questions and when she asked me how I felt (hinting about the things between us), I said I was good. Felt as though she was a little saddened that I'm doing alright without her. :cool:

Guess I haven't been pushed back as I wanted to say more but resisted from talking about us and what has happened. The urge to call her again isn't very strong as I don't really feel the need to. Think it's a sign of me getting on with my life and leaving it in the past.

Thanks for your input.