Evaluating the situation. half empty attitude begining to change.

valdeetz1

It's been roughly 2.5 months since the BU from my ex-fiance of near 7 years. 60+ days NC. Been seeing him more often in town and what not in traffic- awkward still. Not ready to see him and his new girl.

The last week and a half I've been super moody- feeling like a failure I suppose. I look at myself and I say: I'm 24 yrs old, I have a job I cant stand and I'm utterly alone.

See around here in the deep south, if your my age and have no relationship- no family, you've epically failed at life. Everyone I know is married or had kids.

But then I talked to someone tonight that made me feel better. My sister's BF of 3 years.

I'm 24 yrs old. I have a B.A. I have my own car, my own place, and I don't have to depend on anyone. I have a job-even if its crappy. I'm my own person and I dont need a man or anyone to take care of me because I'm very independent. I'm a great person- and my ex whose left me for this new girl, is going to regret it sooner or later, especially with all the money he's shelling out for his new lady. I have always deserved a lot better then him in everyone's opinion...ectect

This boosted my selfesteem- like a lot. :love: Because for the last 2 weeks I've been uber bummed about my situation, and feeling like I've accomplished nothing but wasting my time. So I guess it helps to have someone else point out your positives. You can get like me and easily forget a lot of them, basically take advantage of yourself. So remember that guys! Just sharing some of my feelings atm- thanks for reading.

relocate to the north. Guys like girls with that southern accent up here. I for one appreciate a girl with her head on straight that can take care of herself. I am in the same boat girl. As soon as my ex left me for another guy I had acquaintances calling me laughing about what she did. They had held their breath for years and not told me how they thought I was too good for her. She was a very beautiful girl with lots of ambition, just a flake. I loved her for who she was, but she left for someone else. Still denies it to this day, but here we are 2 months later and she's about 2 months into this new RL. Best of luck to her, I can't look back now.

Best of luck, keep on keepin on.

Hey Tim, that's another thing we have in common. When she broke up with my some of our mutual friends actually didn't believe it. Every one of them thinks she's flat out insane if she thinks she'll find someone who is as good to her as I was. They think she's going to be wretchedly miserable when she realizes it.

OP, I know where you're coming from. My ex and I dated for so long and from such a young age that I defined myself through her. Now that I'm suddenly single I don't know what to do with myself. I have hours of free time now that I've mostly been moping during. As bad as some days have been, I will say sometimes they are better. I don't feel totally hopeless today and I hope to actually get some fun stuff done.

Also I found out this girl I know is potentially interested in me. I asked her over for drinks and she said shed love to on Monday night. Here's hoping!

• Author

So how far we talking about? Cause I really am debating moving. This place is to darn small and everyone is to concerned in my business. We're a lot like MayBerry... I'm from the tip of panhandle Florida- in an area commonly refereed to as Lower Alabama. As such me and snow have not had much contact- try twice my whole life, and one of those times was for about for 3 days. lol.

I find the northern men I see on TV(TLC, Travel, ECT)-the nice ones, seem real genuine and know how to treat a lady. But then again its TV. I'm not sure how I'd do up there. I'm not conservative up here, but I'm sure up where ya'll are at I'd stick out pretty badly. Plus cot of living up there has to be outrageous...but I guess I would eventually survive :) See- I've been doing a lot of this lately.

Planning my life- places I want to go and see. Japan this April, Scottland next year maybe. I'm even planning a weekend get away to vegas for my birthday this fall :) And a co-worker and I are packing up in July for New Orleans. So I mean I have a lot of plans to keep me occupied all things considered.

I've known for a long time I could do so much better then my ex. Years really. But I'm a dedicated woman- I love the man, still do. And I commited myself to that, and I accepted his flaws and short commings, weighed them on his positives and was fine with him how he was. But evidently the feelings werent mutual. His loss. He's with a girl whose been around. I've been faithful, always. I've been the text book good girl my whole life. Honor roll and all. So...I'm sure when I'm ready someone will sweep me off my feet before I even realize it :) Thanks guys!