Better to have loved and lost

Sonolumino

At this moment in time (apologies in advance for being so pessimistic) but I think bull****. I was perfectly happy before I met my ex and now I feel like, the part of me that could love and trust someone like that unconditionally, left with the relationship and its not going to come back for a very long time. I don't really trust people that much anymore.....sad but true.

In the end game, yes, it is better to have loved. More specifically, to have been loved.

However, when that love is lost, taken away, or diminished, the void is unbearable.

I think the quote is true in the context of a death bed. Anytime before then, it's 50/50.

stopthemadness
"Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"

Bull**** or no?

Iam not sure? Having a bad day. But I think tommorrow Ill say Yes Better to have Loved (smile)

It really does depend on the context of how you look at it. An ex of mine I wanted so badly to ask to marry I broke up with. To know what she is now I can see I'm better off having not. So I'm happy to rather regret not getting married than to regret marrying.

"Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"

Absolutely! Past 5 years had been the most amazing experience in my life, I would not change it for anything! I loved, and it's was such amazing feeling. I was loved at some point, no doubt about it, and that's priceless!

Nothing in life lasts forever, I've learn to enjoy every moment of happiness.