'Getting over' them really does happen...

Nappeal

I have my own probs right now w the x who I'm about to have a baby w, but anyway...I just wanted to share w you something positive.

Today is my XH's wedding...w the woman he cheated on me w and subsequently left me for...2 1/2 years ago...after 8 yrs of marriage.

You know what? I truly couldn't care less. IDK that I'm happy for him, but I'm definitely not angry or bitter.

The word 'mess' doesn't do me justice when things first went down. I was clinically depressed, had terrible panic attacks, and yes, even attempted suicide :confused:. I did EVERYTHING you're not supposed to do - I looked PATHETIC to him; and I even allowed myself to be nothing but sex to him just so I could keep him around. It was UGLY.

I can't explain how it happened or what exactly got me over it, but over time I became more interested in my own personal life and my friends and family. He put up w my nutso shyt, more because we have kids together, so that helped and hindered me @ the same time.

Dealing w my own woes now, I know I'll get over it and move on-eventually, and I've learned from my XH what to do and what not to do w my current situation.

I even ask for relationship advice from him...which is something I never thought would happen. We are definitely NOT BFFs, but he's someone who I know will always be there for me. I know my situation is different from most other LSers since kids are involved, but my point is:

I NEVER thought I'd get over him and I thought I would hurt forever. It took that stupid thing called time, but it DID happen...and it happens for everyone. Keep your head up and know that you WILL NOT feel how you do forever. You must feel out the motions, and you will be better in the end for it.

BTW - my XH was my first love...my current x who I'm preg w is who I'm having probs w now. After re-reading, I noticed it kind of sounds as if I'm talking about the same person.