Obsessing

marmaliade

How to stop obsessing? Today whole day thinking bout my ex and no matter what i do, can't get him out of my head. Like an idiot checking fb every half an hour. It's already not normal. Have a rush of those feelings, like loniless, being scared, lost and so on. Just can't fight them off. Thinking about drinking some wine to relax a bit and kill time :bunny: How do you handle those situations, guys?

Sounds to me like you've just been sitting around the house all day....don't do that - keep yourself busy. Read a book, play a game, watch a movie, ask a friend to come over if you don't feel like going out...just do SOMETHING so you're not sucked into facebook (ugh) and thinking about your ex. Remember they don't want you anymore.

Yeah, you definitely need to be doing something else.

I can totally relate to you though, because I am currently transitioning between jobs AND dealing with heartbreak. A total double whammy! So I've been spending a lot of time inside my home as well.

But, I've tried to make the best of it. Picking up the guitar again, learning a new language, reading some books... and of course job hunting. So go out! And if you can't get out of the house, find something in there to keep you busy. And if you just can't seem to peel yourself away from Facebook, there is a program called SelfControl which will block it for a few hours.

I feel the same way..i miss her so much..i cant find the motivation to leave the apt..i have not much money so i can to much..i think of all the good times..and regret so much..everything about her makes me cry..im a blubbering idoit..and hate that i have turned into that..i have read many many posts on this site..and try alot of different things for help..but nothing helps.,.

Marmaliade: I'm in the same damn boat. Today I was really obsessing about my ex. Such a waste of time and precious brain cells. I took a walk on my own and with the beagle, did a bit of grocery shopping, watched the World Cup games, texted a couple of my friends, did laundry, watched a DVD, wrote on my blog... and still I couldn't get this piece of crap out of my head. Wondering why the hell hasn't he contacted me in 10 bloody days. Can you believe that - I'm obsessing over someone who was cheating on me, dumped my ass, got the OW pregnant while with me and now getting married to her end of July. Now what the f**k is wrong with that picture... sheesh.