Blocking Out, and Moving On

michiganmale27

michiganmale27

Well,

I've written many posts, but to rehash I get an email from my Ex-GF a few days after spotting me at a concert. I replied back asking why she cared etc...

Well, I get a hateful response from her friend, which I replied back to. No responses back.

Finally, I sent an email on Friday telling her that I am putting her email address on block. I need to do this as a step in moving on. I was doing great as far as coping went until this day. I have been dating a girl for about 2 months now, and it seems like this might have interfered with how I was treating her a few weekends ago.

This is the only thing I can do to keep my sanity, and get out of the depressed feelings I had after the breakup. I also encourage others going through the same thing to do that as well. Just cut off contact with the ex, actually I received this advice from another member of these forums.

We all will get through these times.

:)

YOU WRITE: "I also encourage others going through the same thing to do that as well."

I would certainly hope not. Your actions were quite childish. While breaking contact is a good thing to do, doing so in a mature fashion is only proper.

There was absolutely no reason why you needed to answer her email in a hateful way, asking her why she cared. This was immature. The more proper thing to have written was: "Thank you for your kind email. Right now I have moved on with my life and I respectfully request that for the time being you have no contact with me. Hope you are doing well. Thank you." That's all you needed to write.

I don't blame her friend for giving you a hateful response, although that was pretty childish as well. It's not likely you'll hear from them again. But let me tell you from volumes of experience....one day, maybe in a year, maybe in 20 years...your ex may be the key to your fortune. Having nastilly burned that bridge could cost you dearly in many ways. Always take the high road...always. You'll find out why later, I promise you. Things you do ALWAYS come back to haunt you.

In life, you will be much better off taking being at least somewhat courteous to those you don't want to have anything to do with. But to encourage people to be rude is just plain disgusting. Maybe this kind of behavior is why she broke up with you.

I think what you did was fine in a sense. You gotta do what you gotta do. I mean she was being pretty mean to you. The whole situation was childish but sometimes you have to complete a situation like that with childish actions.

Tony is right. I believe that your actions always have a way of coming back to haunt you. There are things we do in our lives we tend to regret, but it's always best to learn from these mistakes and move on. I guarentee that Tony had to learn some things the hard way as we ALL do. It just depends if you are willing to pay attention to yourself and the people around you to make sure you don't make these mistakes again or even new ones.

However when emotions are flying we tend to do things and say things we don't mean or wouldn't have normally said/did them in a normal frame of mind.

Well michigan regardless if this is going to come back to you or not, or if telling her what you did was the right thing or not the important thing is that at this time you do what you can to move on for yourself and your own future.

The good news is if this woman is truly "going to be your fortune in the future" or not, by the time that event happens (if) you will have moved on possibly to someone else who fills your life with more joy then she ever did.

The important thing is to learn from all of this misery and shape yourself for whatever the future brings. I think as long as you stay true to yourself and the people around you, you will come out on top.

I know i'm trying to do the same thing.