When does "you'll get over it" begin?

Spin313

I find myself still thinking about an ex that I just can't let go.

We met my senior year in college and had what seemed like the perfect relationship, until it came time for him to leave for the Army. At first, we planned to stay together, even talked about my going to live with him after I finished school. But when he left, he cut off all contact. This was my first "real"/serious/meaningful relationship and I've never had closure.

It is now a year and a half later and he is still on my mind. I haven't dated since, partially because I was too busy finishing school and partially because I never met anyone who I was interested in. I guess I am looking for suggestions for meeting people and putting the past behind me. Everything I have tried on my own hasn't helped.

There are many books you can read for strategies on how to get over an ex. In your particular case, the loss was ambiguous because there was no official end...he just disappeared from radar. That's a bit more difficult but you can do it. You just have to get pissed enough to be able to commit yourself to beginning a new life.

Counselling can also help. The ONLY person who can do it is YOU!