"He's Just Not That Into You"

EricaH329

I was watching this movie for like the 5th time tonight, and the quote at the very end struck a cord for some reason.

"Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs, and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope."

I think there is so much truth in this statement.

hope is everything. Finding yourself is amazing. Life is for fun.I personally dont need somebody to make me see joy and excitement I can see it for myself. I do however belive that somebody out there might enjoy the company in the journy of life with me. Just a thought. x

I feel so sad reading that Erica... I really do.. but it's a personal thing.

I am 50 and it kills me to think I will never have someone special... the third act twist.

nobmagnet, I am trying to pick myself up. Its heartening to hear what you say about not needing someone to see joy and excitement. That is where I am aiming to get to. Right now I feel so dreadfully lonely and scared.

I am 50 and it kills me to think I will never have someone special... the third act twist.

You do, they are there with you now...facing of your computer screen.

Edited by GrayClouds
I feel so sad reading that Erica... I really do.. but it's a personal thing. I am 50 and it kills me to think I will never have someone special... the third act twist.

I'm 50 also and although that number is shocking sometimes - I mean, I think, "50! How did THAT happen?!!!' But I still feel like myself, and I have honestly never felt freer in my life. I would love to be in a loving relationship but it doesn't define me or determine whether I'm happy or not. I remember what bad relationships are like and I prefer my life now to that any day. And I agree with what the other person said about 50 is the new 30. It's all about how you feel about it. Just think, even if you marry in the next few years and you and your spouse live to about 70 or 80, then you still will have 20 or more yrs together. This is a different chapter of your life - just enjoy it and don't focus on negative things. When you're 80 or 90, you'll be thinking about how you wish you had enjoyed your 50's and 60's more. Think about it.

• Author
Wow... reading that quote is just.... let me take a moment...

Definitely words to live by.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

I feel so sad reading that Erica... I really do.. but it's a personal thing.

You're still young! You have plenty of time to find someone! Don't give up hope yet, afterall... without hope we have nothing, right?!

50 is the new 30!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree!!

Yea, I just saw "He's just not that into you" this past weekend.

A lot of truth in how relationships are not what they seem and sometimes EXACTLY what you think in the back of your mind when you are in them.

You have to trust not just your gut, but that deep, down dark place no one likes to go. That voice that whispers," She's cheating." or "He's using you." or "We are not getting along at all."....listen to that voice.

In relationships, it's either work hard at it, fix the broken parts, or if unfixable..move on to another that will work in your life. It sounds simple but our hearts never let it feel that way.

Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope."

Or maybe it is just learning that the opposite of pain is not happiness but just no pain, that suffering is not rewarded but what you do do get beyond it is.

Well, I've seen enough tragedy in real life to realize that a ****load of people don't live happily ever after. Hollywood sells hope and fluff more than reality, because that is what we want.

I love the quote at the end of the movie.

That sometimes picking up the pieces and moving to create something new IS your happy ending.

I take that as making your life what you want it to be.

If you want more love then give love more in your life to those around you and it multiplies like crazy.

If you want happiness then be happy and see the joy in things.

There is a silver lining you just have to figure out what that means for you personally sometimes.

Sometimes you don't know what you are leaving isn't as great as what you are moving on TO until you get to the next step. And then you say THIS is so much better!!

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I love the quote at the end of the movie.

That sometimes picking up the pieces and moving to create something new IS your happy ending.

I take that as making your life what you want it to be.

If you want more love then give love more in your life to those around you and it multiplies like crazy.

If you want happiness then be happy and see the joy in things.

There is a silver lining you just have to figure out what that means for you personally sometimes.

Sometimes you don't know what you are leaving isn't as great as what you are moving on TO until you get to the next step. And then you say THIS is so much better!!

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Beautiful. We do have to remember that we don't know who or what was always waiting for our awful situation to pass. We will be blessed with happiness, we just have to be receptive to it.

self belief. self worth. Honourable behaviour. Kindness and respect. Hey we all have these we just need to rediscover them after heart ache and a sh*tty split. Moving on after finding them again is great.