my friend talks to my Ex best friend and knows too much

9Lives

I am just burning up inside cause I really hate that my friend is friends with my ex's best friend so she ALWAYS knows the scoop about him and what he is doing before I do. She is kinda messy even tho she calls herself looking out for me. They both are.

She went to lunch with him and of course they talked about our relationship ending and what my ex is up to now and I am so pissed off about it.

I know I cant do anything about it but I hate her having inside information on my ex.

I already told her that whatever she finds out to keep to herself but it still bothers me. For all I know my ex is planning on marrying his new chic and she knows about it. Who wants their friends to know and come tell you some news like that. She always told me stuff in the past about what he was doing before I knew and that always bothered me.

Im just hot about it all!!!

You have to establish boundaries with her and tell her you don't want to hear anything about your EX and you don't want her to give ANY information on you. Tell her she is putting the friendship in jeopardy and if she does it again, you will cease to be her friend. This isn't the KGB selling secrest to America ,like some kind of spy movie............this is YOUR LIFE. Tell them to get their own. I mean it's the least they could do for their "friend".

• Author

Thanks Dusty. I just HATE HATE HATE that she evens Knows about it anything about when it comes to him. She wont tell me cause she already knows that I will go off big time. It just bugs the hell out of me!!!

But your are right...It is my life and I can block her out mentally in that sense.

soheartbroken

Wow 9Lives. I totally get where you're coming from, because I've felt the exact same way! A mutual friend of mine met with my ex to exchange the last of our belongings. They talked, and I'm so pissed that the mutual friend knows more about the breakup than I do!!!!!!

I mean, I imagine they talked about why it happened, and my ex even said that she would want to talk to me again one day (4 months NC)...she didn't even tell me this!!

Makes me so pissed off. Total power imbalance.

So I've strictly limited my contact with this mutual friend, because I can't stand knowing that she has all this information, and she wouldn't share it if I asked.