What to do?

dassme

Hello again everyone! I'm back with yet another question which I really need some help on. Lately my posts have been on how to help others but this time I need the advice.

What can you do to help ease the pain of rejection when the person who rejected you works with ya? To be honest, I've let myself get into a very sticky situation when I knew very well the consequences. I guess I should have listened more to the rational side of my brain instead of my heart because I feel completely lost right now!

Another question is, is it possible to turn off your feelings for someone completely and make it seem like nothing is wrong?

Thank you for all those who responded!

Another question is, is it possible to turn off your feelings for someone completely and make it seem like nothing is wrong?

I think you already know the answer to that question.

And about your coworker I would suggest that you suck it up and move on to put it bluntly. The reason I say this is because you will most likely be working together for a while, and trying to avoid her will only make the situation worse.

The strange thing with girls is after they reject you they are most the time still willing to be friends with you, so unless you did something to really upset her (in which case you would need to just say "sorry I was out of line") then just stay as an acquaintance, or if you want a friend.

If you still have strong feelings for her, I would suggest that you go out to some parties, bars or whatever it is you want to do to get your mind off of her, and then after a few weeks or so you'll just see her as another girl you work with, and not as someone to feel uncomfortable around.

So basically move on with your life, get out do something, stop thinking about her etc.

Hope I helped, and sorry for being so blunt but it’s just after midnight and I’m about to go to bed.