Broke No Contact and sent her a not so nice text!!! I am an idiot!

mike5770

Two weeks no contact...was dating her and having the time of my life then she suddenly stops returning my calls two weeks ago...I was strong then yesterday had to do it...went on line to my phone bill to find her number again and texted her "Hey stranger how was the game yesterday?" Of course after 7 hours of her ignoring me again...she always used to call and text back instantly when she still wanted me I really screwed up and said, "Why are you treating me like this? Not even a call to let me know what is up or to say goodbye? Totally not cool have a nice life!!" I hate myself! I blew any chance of her calling again..that is me Mr.. Screw up! I give up on relationships I always mess them up anyway and too painful! Plus I will stop annoying all of you people!

Dont be so hard on yourself. A little anger is healthy. And if every heartbroken annoying person stop posting on this site it would only leave me and three other people. Then again maybe just the three other people...

You learn our lesson. Go back to NC and stick to it. Good Luck

dashing daisy

Well, firstly you seem to be judging yourself very harshly for a natural reaction to this situation. You were dating someone, having a great time, and then they just suddenly stopped calling. That is very hurtful, and it is only natural that you would be upset, and probably pretty angry.

How long had you been seeing her? You're sure she's alive and everything right? If you weren't dating long, I'm sorry to say this seems to be what people do...if it's just a few dates people feel like they can just let things drop off. It still sucks to be left hanging, but it just seems to be part of dating life from what I've seen.

If you were dating for longer than that, and she's completely blowing you off with no explanation...well, would you even want to be with someone like that anyway? Something to think about. My whole relationship with my ex seemed perfect, but then he sent me a break up email, and avoided me for a week. So even though it seems easy to focus on the amazing parts of our relationship...I have to keep reminding myself. Even if he did want me back, do I want to be in a relationship with someone who would make me feel like that?

So for now, stop judging yourself and blaming yourself. You're not an idiot, even if you may have made a mistake in sending that text. Go back to NC, give yourself time, and distract yourself. Delete her number again, and next time you want to contact her (it will happen) come here instead. There's a thread for posting instead of contacting your ex, and of course you can let us know what's going on here.

It WILL get better.

I'm going through a break up of my own and it's still really hard to keep up NC...you're not alone!

• Author

Thank you very much for your replies. We weren't dating that long but I felt I deserved at least a phone call. If it was one date then Ireally wouldn't have been angry but we did a lot in a short time that probably should have waited. This site always helps!