finding out they lied is disheartening.

dimsteps

seriously. i'm over the relationship in the sense that i don't want it back and generally feel nothing when i think about her. but there are times when i do hear what she's up to and it's just so contradictory to everything we used to talk about.

it's like, people change, but you were pretty much lying about a lot of stuff so i would like you more. this makes me feel really uncomfortable. who was i spending all of this time with? you were this quiet sponge. you would sit there and i would talk and you would copy my mannerisms and endlessly agree with me. what did you have to offer me? i basically fell prey to a desperate girl who clung to the first guy who said "i love you" and who moved on when she started getting her ego boosts from somewhere else. you are impulsive and cowardly and weak. what was i attracted to?

it's going to be difficult to ever try to create intimate relationships with people in the future because i'm always going to be second-guessing how genuine they are.

it's weird when the tunnel vision of "love" is out of the way and you start seeing things for what they really were. it's these depressing realizations that make moving on easier, but also make the plausibility of future serious relationships less feasible.

anybody have any similar post-breakup realizations?

oh, and word to the wise: stay away from girls with really low self-esteem.