I can't handle it

Bill

This story may bring more questions.

My story: To the point, I was dating a girl for a few months, she lied about age. I found out at the end of the few months. We sat in person, she promised me in tears that she would not lie again... looking straight into my eyes. We were forced to break up. Instead of being 1.5 years apart in age, we are 3.5 years difference.

Well her parents didn't want this to go on because of I don't live in her area, the lie, and because she is not 18 yet. Actually, their words were more like not until she is 18. She has taken this as a invitation to wait till then (1yr).

Many people have given me different advice about this whole situation. If I didn't fall in love with this girl... it would be a whole different thing. We have not seen each other for over half a year now. She still contacts me either through email, IM, and sometimes even by phone. I know that I cannot go there and see her.

I'm a very well educated person, I'm 3d year second semester Electrical Engineering at a major university. My grades are top notch and I'm in many honor societies. I placed top in my league in ice hockey, even was elected for an AAA team, but I declined so I could pursue college. I'm not just anyone, I'm someone.

More than anything, I would love to get back with this girl in the near future. I've tried to date others, it just won't work. We have "broken up" a couple months ago and that is what spawned the dating. She had told me to do that. We both though it wasn't fair to ourselves, and she said it wasn't fair to me. I tried, I really did. I just could not bring myself to date again, or find someone that even compared to her. She has vowed to stay single until that time, even though I have tried to plead with her to date. She refused. I don't know why I told her that, as my wishes would be to get back with her. She is of course still single and claims to be waiting till that day.

You are probably going to ask how I can trust her after that lie. I have checked the things she has said through various sources and all has been the truth. She has all new friends now, as I asked if she would not hang out with some bad people that I knew would hurt her. It's just that when I was with her, I KNEW, I knew there was something very special between us. She knows it, and so do I.

I've been in 2 previous relationships, one even lasting 2.5 years. Do not tell me I do not know what love is. If you are going to post negative about my age, save it. I'm destroyed emotionally. Physically I'm in bad shape. I need surgery on my jaw in January. I might not make it due to complications with a syndrome that I have dealing with blood loss/needles. I only wish that I will make it and be able to be with her again. My back is also messed up, but that's not serious enough for major surgery like my jaw.

I'm sorry to say that if I do not post here by the time February comes around, I wish you all good luck in your quests in life. I will fight it.

I don't see a thing wrong with your age differences except to the extend that her mama and dad don't want her seeing you until she's 18. That won't be long.

I'm sorry about your necessary surgery but with today's very modern medical technology, I have every faith that it will come off without a hitch and that you will be a new man afterwards despite the complications you have.

I hope you change your attitude to a positive one because it takes just the same amount of time to have and it will certainly aid in your more speedy recovery from surgery.

I wish there was something I could do to speed up your honey's birthday. However, I can tell you you've got many decades of life to look forward to. I am somewhat older than you and can say with great experience that six months will be over in the blink of an eye. Use this time wisely as a gift you have received to learn the value of the people you love. A lot of people don't get that chance, take their love for granted, and lose it.

And I can understand why. I'd be pretty upset too being kept apart from the one I want to be with. You're halfway there. If you can hold out till then, I'd be pretty impressed. There's not a lot of young couples out there that could make it through a year-long separation.

Bill,

She might of lied to you to hang on to something that she thought she was loseing and that is hard for someone not of age with a man that is of age. I was in a relationship at 13 and thought I was in love with this man he was 21, we did date nothing serious but the moral of the story was I lied to him as well. I looked like I was 17 at 13 and he never questiond it till he found out what school I was in then I ended up lieing to hang on to him because I knew that if he had found out how old I really was that he would leave me. Im not saying that is an excuse that she used but it is something to think about. Some times lies are made to try and help when they dont do anything but lead to more lies. It hurts everyone but she still calls e mails and writes you so she has feelings that she didnt want to let go of. JMO

She is willing to wait for you, and that says something about who she is and what she wants. I hope that everything works out for you sweets God Bless you and her both.