Can't shake this feeling!

dazed.1

Having a really hard day, too much thinking about him. I can't seem to shake it, I can't get him off my mind. Thinking about the good times....why can't I remember the bad times? Why can't I remember that he is selfish and was wreckless with my feelings? No I can't, all I can remember is how happy we were, how in love we were...WERE...why can't I get that through my head!

It's because you miss companionship. It's because you miss being happy, and your memories remind you of the times you were happy. Totally okay. So he was a douche? Doesn't change the fact that you had some good times. And I wouldn't discard them, either. It's not worth shutting them out entirely. You're going to remember things about your ex from time to time, might as well be grateful for the good rather than bitter about the bad. BUT, right now, you just need to stop thinking about him. You're working your mind into a frenzy. It's a feedback loop. Remembering the bad times won't help because, ultimately, you'd still be thinking about him and right now, you just need to get him off your mind entirely. Go running. Eat an orange. Sing a few songs you like. Hang out with some intense friends. Dance naked in the mirror or something. Have a laugh.

If those aren't doing it for you, I also recommend a good cry and a nap.

This is totally true. I swear the busier I got the less I thought about him, the less I thought about him, the less I missed him, the less I missed him, the less I wanted him, the less I wanted him, the less I wanted what we had, and the clearer I could see the relationship for what it was, sh**! I still get lonely as hell, and today the one prevelant thought that keeps running through my head is "welp, he must be happier with out me, cause if he was miserable or unhappy in his life, then he'd be calling me, so he must be happier than a pig in sh**!" Soooo, I better get on with livin. It sucks....but trust me, as much as this hurts you, you will and I promis this, in time, get over it, and sitting in your house thinking about it does nothing to help you get over it. Your better off window shopping and making mental lists of all the stuff your gonna buy yourself when you get rich someday, than thinking about his dumb a**:)

I know, Im a bit jaded...sorry:)

Sorry to hear your heartache, I know exactly how you feel!! I can't say this enough. It will get better, trust me I was in your shoes not to long ago! You will eventually get angry and the bad memories will overpower the good ones. It's a stage you go through! Someone else on here said stop putting him on a pedestal! He doesn't deserve you!

Goodluck, and you must believe that things will get better!!!

I PROMISE that!!!

• Author
Sorry to hear your heartache, I know exactly how you feel!! I can't say this enough. It will get better, trust me I was in your shoes not to long ago! You will eventually get angry and the bad memories will overpower the good ones. It's a stage you go through! Someone else on here said stop putting him on a pedestal! He doesn't deserve you!

Goodluck, and you must believe that things will get better!!!

I PROMISE that!!!

I know that one day it will get better but for now that seems so far away, I wish there was a way to fast track through this...deep down I know I don't want him back anymore (how could I ever again be with someone who hurt me so badly)