i feel sick even after its been over a month NC

V33, Biaxident - I third your comments! I am in exactly the same position. It is difficult thinking 'this time last year', 'this time last month' etc and picturing beautiful scenarios. Sometimes I can almost feel his arms around me and it kills me.....but, as V33 said, I keep telling myself that this person didn't want to be with me (although he did a damn good impression of it). I am worth more than that and so are you.XX

I keep telling myself that this person didn't want to be with me (although he did a damn good impression of it). I am worth more than that and so are you.XX

It's a good thing to focus on. Of course, everyone of our situations is/was different. In my case, my ex-gf wanted to be with me. She was ready to marry me at one point. However, there were things which I didn't do, that she felt she shouldn't "have to tell me to do", which changed her feelings to the point that she felt it'd be best to end the relationship.

I think that, for me, this whole "x months ago we we're.." business will be easier to handle once it turns to Winter. I got dumped on the 25th of March, so Christmas will be the 9 month anniversary, but at least then it wont be nice and scenic outside.

• Author
It's a good thing to focus on. Of course, everyone of our situations is/was different. .

Yes of course, we all need to find our own little 'mantra' to quote to ourselves in times of doubt, your's will be different. As for Christmas, that is when I met my ex, and also when we took our holidays abroad. Not sure how I'll feel this time around but hope to be recovered!