Psychotic Confessions: For those who are ready to look back and laugh...

discoverychannel

discoverychannel

I found this on the internet and got some good laughs out of it. Hope you guys will too!

Jon

I had been dating 'Erica' for almost 2 years and was fully convinced that she was the woman I'd marry. So when she said she was moving away and didn't want me to come with her I was devastated. She wanted to stay friends and over four or five months we'd mostly write letters to one another. At one point she wrote that she missed me and missed the time we were together. I wrote her back saying that I loved her and wanted to be with her. She wrote back 'confused' and unsure why I'd feel that way when we're so far apart. I flipped out. I guess I was feeling that I was being toyed with. So I took all of the 5 or 6 letters she wrote to me and photocopied them. I proceeded to write out my argument on legal paper and then would clip comments from her letters and paste them to the document as "testimony" of her love for me. This went on for 4 pages on a legal pad. I stuffed it into a business envelope and mailed it to her thinking I did the right thing.

I couldn't have been more wrong in my life. She wrote me back and stated that she was stunned and mortified by what I had done and didn't think she could be my friend any more. Who could blame her for not staying friends with such a nut-job? I've never been more embarrassed or ashamed of myself before or since.

Jessica

My boyfriend and I broke up after four years of the perfect—then not so perfect—relationship. We had a friendly split and decided to remain best friends. At first I was fine with this decision but one night after a few too many white Russians and marshmallow peeps I changed my mind. I found that I missed him immensely and called him up at 2 am. He answered but tried to politely get off the phone saying that “now just isn’t really a great time.” Well, I was enraged; after all we were still “best friends” right!? So I decided to go over to his house and see what was so pressing. Upon my arrival I found him there with the ugliest girl I have ever seen. I proceeded to tell her just how ugly she was and how he would never care for someone who looked like her. As it turned out she was already painfully aware that she was not traditionally beautiful and started crying right away. He kicked me out of his house but not before explaining that she was a friend from work that was having problems fitting in and was already quite depressed about the way she looked. They had similar interests (video games) and he was trying to be nice. It was strictly platonic. Our friends confirmed this later on. I have never felt so low in all my life as when I woke up the next morning and realized what I had done to that poor girl. She ended up quitting her job and they never heard from her again. OH... and I lost my "best friend."

Adrienne

This was a long time ago so I'm able to laugh at myself now. When I was 17 I dated a guy that I was convinced I would marry. The only problem was that his other good friend was a girl and she didn't like us together. At the time I thought she was doing everything in her power to break us up. He refused to stop hanging out with her despite my whining about it. One night they went out together to the movies. I was so livid when I found out that I decided to confront them. So I went to his place and sat in the bushes (wearing all black mind you) and waited for them to get back. For the whole hour I waited I became angrier and angrier. When they pulled up I came stomping out of the bushes screaming my head off. They were so shocked that they both screamed. I was the one who looked like the fool in the end. Of course he and I eventually broke up and I stopped hiding in foliage and used a more direct communication approach when I was upset about something.

Rebecca

I broke up with my boyfriend a few months before I was supposed to graduate from college. These last few months were crucial, but instead of getting it together and throwing myself into my schoolwork, I became a total wreck and reverted back to the lazy, drunk sorority girl I had been before we were together. Instead of studying, I spent my free time outside of class eating junk food and watching TV. I tried to make up for this lost time by pulling all-nighters to finish schoolwork, but I ended up spending the hours stalking him on the Internet (during which time I found some recent pictures of him and his ex-girlfriend, which only depressed me further). Eventually his birthday rolled around, and so I wouldn't be too depressed, my wonderful friends took me out for a night on the town. I had not eaten anything beforehand, and I ended up getting completely wasted and making out in a dark corner of the bar with a guy in a Care Bear costume (don't ask). I was carried out of the bar by security guards, lifted into a cab by my friends, and allegedly spent half an hour crying on the steps of my friends' apartment building. I woke up the next morning on their couch, hung over and sad, only to find that he had drunk dialed me TWELVE TIMES the night before, and left me two sobbing voicemail messages. It comforted me to know that even at my lowest point, I was still doing better than he was. I'm now making up for lost time and working toward my degree. To this day, I can't thank my friends enough for putting up with me!

Rose

I was going out of with a guy who moved to another state, and he didn't ask me to go (that should have been a clue) anyway I kept calling him and he would be pleasant, but would not initiate any contact. One night he picked up the phone and I could tell by the tone of his voice he was expecting someone else. I called an airline, paid $1500.00 for a round trip ticket for less than 24 hours to be spent in his city. I also rented a car and drove around all night waiting for him to come home, he never did. I ended up having to check into a hotel, I was in Las Vegas, so you can imagine what that cost. Early in the morning I started calling his work, I didn't know it but the receptionist was his new girlfriend and she kept ringing me to an extension that didn't exist. I then drove to his work and handed him a note I’d written about how I felt, and it was the wrong piece of paper. What I gave him was directions to his new girlfriends home (how I got that is another story). Anyway, I had to fly home and never even was able to talk to him.

Jkg

I was seeing a guy, by all brief definitions of the word, as it hadn't really gone anywhere, when he started acting distant and severed all communication. Being the forthright 90's gal that I am, I decided to take matters into my own hands--by stalking him. I asked friends to ring his house to see if he was home (when his messenger message said he was out), I'd go to the local gym when his online message said he was 'working out', and I'd be mature and rational, by calling and breathing heavily into his machine. It is now 7 months later and he still wants nothing to do with me, or my heavy breathing antics.

Broken-Hearted One

I broke into his e-mail and started e-mailing women he was talking to, telling them to BEWARE—HE'LL BREAK YOUR HEART! I did this until my name appeared on one of the e-mails and then I WAS CAUGHT! He IM'ed me, telling me he’d changed his password and that he hoped this would all stop now. I'm totally embarrassed by this and up until now only my therapist knew I did it—but what the hell!

From http://www.randomhouse.com/broadway/breakup/psycho_confessional.html

Anyone who similar stories to share? :laugh:

OMG! It's been ages since I been on LoveShack..I came here nearly two years ago devastated from a break-up and it took going through hell and high water to be say WOW how lucky it was for me to be out of that mess...I have moments that I still think of the ex...but after reading these little confessions it's indeed a great feeling to be able to back on the a horrid moment and find some humour to it!

:D