I feel so strange...happy maybe...

MotherGooze

The last few days I've been really nostalgic, but in a good kind of way. I think of all the good times we had, and can't help but smile, and I feel like I'm in love again. I still can't stop thinking about him and I do miss him....but there's no pain...only this loving kind of feeling. It's so weird. Maybe I'm going nuts:lmao:

I've never been angry with him, because there was no need to, I guess that if we had been together in a different time, things would have worked out. But I'm not trying to hold on. I'm really letting him go...and still...how come I feel so at ease when I think about him...like it was only yesterday we held each other close...and I don't regret a thing...

Tell me, is this part of the progress or am I just going crazy :p

I am not sure what you are going through, I have never felt that before. It sounds like you have come to some sort of end to your hurt and are now just remembering the good times. Whatever it is I am sure it feels good.

Thought I would let you know that I lived in Belgium for eight months about five years ago. And yes I loved the beers. What part of Belgium do you live in? I lived in Waterloo. I am now in Wisconsin in the U.S. I think about Belgium quite often and hope to visit again someday.

Anyway it sounds like you have made it through the rough part of your heart break. Congratulations and good luck.

• Author

well, I don't know if I'm really through the hard part. Sometimes I do have a hard time, but it almost never happens. And I have been avoiding him, and I know it'll be very hard for me to see him again.

For me I think it's because I've been having all these positive changes around me...moving, new job, this that. I am sad that he isn't there to see all those positive changes but on the other hand, when I was going through the rough time, he was there for me. And the last few months the only good thing I can think of was being around him.

Secretly I'm hoping that I can invite him into my new life and show him all the cool stuff that's been happening. It's not like I really want to do that now, because I don't feel like seeing him now. I know he's having a hard time now. And I'm feeling great. Is that selfish?

I miss him terribly, but I don't feel bad about missing him....:confused:

(oh, I'm in antwerp)

justagirlforever

ok, well I still have lots of very fond memories and no grudges or anger. So much around me still reminds of him. Some things make me smile. Others I don't cast more than a fleeting thought to.

And still love him as a friend.

But "in love again"? NO.

Thinking about him all the time and miss him? NO

Want our relationship back again? NO

Did I think I would feel this way 3 months ago? NO

I too have had many amazing positive changes. Despite going through what I thought was hell between July and December last year. Despite at the time thinking I was losing the love of my life and I'll never love another as I have for the past 4 years. And I too feel like I should almost feel guilty that I'm feeling so free and positive. But I don't feel guilt or in fact analise it too much / at all. But that feeling of "self" and togetherness is just amazing :cool: