Giving a chance to an ex

Hello,

I've been dating for 2-3 months a guy that I really liked, then out of the blue he started to act distant and one day he told me that he can't deal with relationships as he gets bored (he used other words). We were exclusive and I don't think he was seing other girls.

I was really hurt but I accepted his decision. I haven't reached out for him since then, and after a month he began to text and call, he apologized so many times, and said he misses me so much and regrets what happened and now realise how important I am for him. He wanted to meet up and kept reaching out for about 6 weeks now, I thought maybe he does mean what he said. He suggested (again) to meet this weekend, I said I'll let you know and yesterday I finally sent him a text to say that I will be available today. He called me to say that he will be busy with his family and suggested another day.

I'm kind of confused, it wouldn't have been a big deal if he wasn't the one who suggested the weekend, so I'm wondering if I should accept another date or just let it go?

I now realise that our 'relationship' was unhealthy, he told me when we first met about his ex that cheated on him and how devastated he was after that. He was really jealous with me, so when I started to actually have feelings and thought he did too (he told me) I wanted him to understand that I won't hurt him, and I guess it turned him off. Also, he prefers when I'm mean to him (he said that).

I understood that he wants a relationship full of those silly games where I make him chase me forever, and I find that exhausting.

I suspect honesly that he only canceled to make me desire him even more.

Ps. He still wants to get back with me, is there a way to have a normal relationship with this type of guys?

Edited by Suesi
Fault

I now realise that our 'relationship' was unhealthy,

You don't get back with people just because THEY want you back.

People rarely change and before you know it, you will be back in the same unhealthy dynamic.

Best to keep running away from this one.

• Like 1

Why would you go back to something that was not working? If you date him again, in 2 months he's just going to get bored again.