No One To Blame But Myself

beinghumble

I thought doing the right thing was being open to remaining friends after our split. She seemed like she wasn't as open to it as me an even though we still spoke in passing, since we work together, I can still feel she wanted her space. This was hard for me because I really liked her and enjoyed her company, but I respected it, and to help me I also changed my work schedule to overnight to not see her at all.

Few weeks in to my new schedule I was walking to the parking lot at the end of my shift an there she was. Telling me how she changed her schedule to better assist with getting her son from daycare etc, an how she been coping with things, an how she is getting back to school, and wanted to see me and explain how things ended wasn't right, blah blah.

Me being the sucker, I welcomed her back with open arms. Giving her conversation and attention, friendly, and sexually with compliments as she dresses very nice an sexy. All was going well for the next few weeks, every day when getting out of work she would be out there waiting for me until she had to clock in an we would just chat, an flirt, an see how each other weekend is etc. Seem normal steps for trying rebuild what once was.

Few days ago I gave her a small gift from another country since I took a vacation there, an thought it would be nice to give it to her the Friday before mothers day. Since then she has been ignoring me, almost avoiding the morning routine with talking etc. SO strange, I hate the pull, push, an now I'm back stuck thinking about her again when I was doing just fine when I changed schedules to not see her..UGH!!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix spacing

Unfortunately you are living the meme: nice guys finish last. Being "friends" post break up is a misnomer. It doesn't mean you regularly interact. It means that when you coincidentally bump into each other in public you have a civilized conversation about the weather for 5 minutes then go about your business.

• Like 1
The Outlaw

Don't take it as an insult, but you're just too nice. I used to be the same way, but thank sweet god things happened that opened up my eyes. But don't try to maintain anything with her anymore, you tried. Just remember what you did have, pick yourself up, and move on. There's no need to blame yourself for anything.

• Like 1
Unfortunately you are living the meme: nice guys finish last. Being "friends" post break up is a misnomer. It doesn't mean you regularly interact. It means that when you coincidentally bump into each other in public you have a civilized conversation about the weather for 5 minutes then go about your business.

I was in the bridal party at one of my ex's wedding? You can totally be friends with your ex. So long as you've actually worked past any feelings of sexual attraction and love. I think a lot of people attempt to be friends too soon after breaking up and that makes it next to impossible to properly reset.

I love my ex and was honored to be part of her special day. You can love someone without *being* in love with them.

• Like 1
  • Author
beinghumble
Don't take it as an insult, but you're just too nice. I used to be the same way, but thank sweet god things happened that opened up my eyes. But don't try to maintain anything with her anymore, you tried. Just remember what you did have, pick yourself up, and move on. There's no need to blame yourself for anything.

Yeah, appreciate the feedback. I’m naturally like that, always caring for others, very giving, and putting people before myself . That’s very bad, especially on situations like this . I just figured since she reached out first ... *sigh*...

P.S. for all you zodiac heads I’m a Taurus an she is an Aquarius lol.

IMO it's a hey, keep walking. Civil but short.

You should download and read "No More Mr Nice Guy" free PDF and short

• Like 1