Can’t believe what happened...

Hi everyone,

It has been 2 months since I broke up with my boyfriend. Just a quick summary.... I broke up with him because he was admitted to a psych ward due to suicidal thoughts as well as cutting himself and “hearing voices and being paranoid that others are out to get him”. I tried to stay with him(a week after release)but could not handle the stress of helping someone who is in that state of mind. It was also the last straw for me since I tried to be a stepmother, but could not handle his unstable child (he has half custody). I know you are probably thinking how on earth I was with this person. But I do want to say, that he was the love of my life. This man did everything for me and loved me like I know no one else would love me. He was the most sweetest, honest , trusting and amazing boyfriend to me. And one of the few guys who has accepted me for me. It has been very hard for me to accept that he is schizophrenic ; especially since he was extremely normal around me. But again, I know I need to continue to move on. I just continue to need supporting advice. Especially since I feel that no one will love me like he did. I have gone through the grieving process and have also gone on dates, however all I want to do is go home and cry (sounds pathetic I know lol).If anyone could provide me with supporting advice that would be great :)!

It's never easy to be with somebody who is sick, no matter the illness. You tried but it was all overwhelming. Make sure he's safe, say goodbye to his son & then live your life.