Finally pulled the plug at the worst time

So after being single for five years and going back n forth by ex came back into the picture and practically ruined the current relationship I had going

I finally called it quits with the new girl and it really is devastating and I’m hurting but I know it’s for the best but why does it hurt so much ?

Maybe it’s the guilt I feel over walking out on her and her child or the fact that o know what she’s about and will now go full force out because of this ?!

I do know that my ex is the best option for me but why does it feel wrong ?

It’s gray and gloomy outside like a typical Day in Seattle :(

Blind-Sided

Because your X IS NOT your best option, and you messed up a relationship that was probably better. Remember... you broke it off with your X for a reason.

Sorry, but just the way I see it.

Because your X IS NOT your best option, and you messed up a relationship that was probably better. Remember... you broke it off with your X for a reason.

...and he broke up with this recent girl for a reason too.

Had this girl been "right" then the ex would never have had stood a chance.

• Like 1

You don't like being the source of someone else's pain. You understand how much getting dumped hurts & you are remorseful that you caused that pain in someone else. You can't stay with somebody just to avoid hurting their feelings.

Good luck with your EX. I tend to agree with Blind-Sided. Going backwards is never a good idea. That fact that your EX barreled back into your life knowing you had a new SO indicates to me that your EX is not a great person. Her timing appears selfish & insensitive.

I am from the PNW and I just read your thread about the girl in the purple pants and cowboy boots... wow...wow she was good enough for causal... but...

I want to thank you for giving me an insight into why I can't get a date... see if I have my clothes on which I do on all the dating sites I can't get a date... but if I post a nude on reddit my dating card gets filled up.

• Author

Update:: still trying to push the young one away because I find my ex more attractive and she’s growing on me again but it’s still hard