Missing him

Really really missing my ex-bf lately. We broke up 2 months ago and I've been fine until last week. Now everyday I find myself thinking about and pining for him nonstop. Why is this happening? It doesn't matter why we broke up, only that it wasn't meant to be between us. I hope this passes. Will this pass?

golden.peach
Really really missing my ex-bf lately. We broke up 2 months ago and I've been fine until last week. Now everyday I find myself thinking about and pining for him nonstop. Why is this happening? It doesn't matter why we broke up, only that it wasn't meant to be between us. I hope this passes. Will this pass?

Of course it will pass. In time. Most of the times, after a break-up, several feelings - sadness, anger, forgiveness, love etc. - will come in waves. You gotta make it through because it will cease at one point. Hang in there - your life won't be permanently attached to this drama, even if that seems the case now.

• Like 2

It's just like grieving a death. There are stages and people go through the stages at different times, in different order and go back and forth between the stages. It's important to allow yourself to process the stages but do it little bits. Some people find it helpful to choose a time each day to spend about half an hour to sit with their feelings. Cry, scream, write in a journal. Set a timer to help "snap out of" the processing. At the end of that time, they force themselves to do something else, anything else that's good for them/productive -- clean, redecorate, visit a place they have always wanted to see, etc. Do things they've been letting slide. Usually, after a little while of making that time, they find that they need less and less time for it.

heatherbliss

I'm really very sorry for the feelings of loneliness and sadness that have been a part of you these last couple of weeks. Breakups can be hard but feelings can be deceiving. Sometimes we don't see the blessing or value in something because it's hidden by our pain.

The popular adage, "This too shall pass", is certainly very true. How quickly we get over something though depends on several factors. I believe there is still much one can do to help yourself to get through a breakup such as finding small ways to pamper yourself, spending time with friends or family or enjoying a brand new or long-forgotten hobby. Try and see what works for you.

I'll be praying for these feelings to subside so that you can move on quickly to a place of healing. Blessings to you my friend!

• Like 1