Should I contact my ex?

My ex and I broke up 5 months ago, we cut contact and after 2 months got back in contact, we started seeing each other every week, and we always ended up kissing/ staying at each other's place, we both admitted still having feelings and wanting to be with each other in the future. But as he told me he was sleeping with other people, and the situation was dragging, I decided to cut him off my life at least for a while. I told him I couldn't be friends with him and I had to walk out of his life. We both cried all night, but he understood and promised me us talking again would be on my terms. It's very clear we still love each other but as long as he is confused I think we need space and time. It's been almost 3 weeks and he hasn't reached out, which I think is respectful considering I asked for space. I thought I'd never want to be his friend but as time goes by I realise I do miss him in my life even if it is just as a friend. I doubt we'll fully loose contact because we live in the same place and have the same friend circle. I was wondering if I should be the one reaching out when I feel ready? I've realised for us to ever have a chance in the future we need way more time apart, but I don't want to wait around for a potential relationship, and maybe it'd be better to just reach out?

If you want his friendship do reach out. However, if he's still sleeping around, you best be able to maintain your own boundaries. He will lose all respect for you if you sleep with him after telling him that him not being monogamous is a deal breaker.

• Like 1
Simple Logic
My ex and I broke up 5 months ago, we cut contact and after 2 months got back in contact, we started seeing each other every week, and we always ended up kissing/ staying at each other's place, we both admitted still having feelings and wanting to be with each other in the future. But as he told me he was sleeping with other people, and the situation was dragging, I decided to cut him off my life at least for a while. I told him I couldn't be friends with him and I had to walk out of his life. We both cried all night, but he understood and promised me us talking again would be on my terms. It's very clear we still love each other but as long as he is confused I think we need space and time. It's been almost 3 weeks and he hasn't reached out, which I think is respectful considering I asked for space. I thought I'd never want to be his friend but as time goes by I realise I do miss him in my life even if it is just as a friend. I doubt we'll fully loose contact because we live in the same place and have the same friend circle. I was wondering if I should be the one reaching out when I feel ready? I've realised for us to ever have a chance in the future we need way more time apart, but I don't want to wait around for a potential relationship, and maybe it'd be better to just reach out?

This would be a mistake. When you find a new guy having an ex lover as a friend will cast doubt in your new relationship.

When you say "ready," what do you mean? Are you trying to be friends with him or get back together with him?

You need to leave him behind because you need to find a better bf and that bf isn't going to want your ex hanging around for any reason.

• Like 1

I think you need to move on because even though he said he still loves you he didn't ask to get back in a relationship. He is having sex with other women now and likes it which is why you haven't heard back from him in 3 weeks. If a man wants you he can not wait 3 weeks to talk to you.