LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Dumped because I'm too good? Is that a thing?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2019, 6:43 PM   #16
Established Member

It isn't that you are attracting emotionally unavailable men it's that YOU are attracted to emotionally unavailable men. When you change your picker you will get different men. And, it doesn't look like you're new to dating at all.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 12:02 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
<snip> Instead of saying the empty "Its no you, its me" thing they should just say "I don't see us having a future together" Take the blame for what they are doing instead of trying to soften the blow.

I don't really understand this, because to me there is no distinction between the two. They both say "I want out of this relationship because I am no longer interested in you," to which my reaction is not "why?" but "BYE."

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 17th March 2019 at 1:10 PM..
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 12:36 AM   #18
Established Member

Itís very simple really .....!

They arenít into you.

Thatís it

No real magic here they just arenít into you
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 12:02 PM   #19

Hi:

If there is one thing that I have learned about men is when they say "Its not you its me" or "You deserve better" is to believe them, run and don't look back.

I have learned this the hard way. I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years. About two months into our relationship, he told me I deserved better. He was RIGHT. Why it has taken me 6 years to realize this is another story.

I would have saved myself SO much grief if I believed him. Instead, I basically convinced him that we were in this together, that I'd help him be the man he wants to be, etc.

Truth is, if a man says this, he is right. If a man wants to be a better man for a woman, he will. He will crawl over glass to be the man she deserves.
bader929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 10:08 PM   #20
Established Member

ChristineK,
Preraph nails it in post #7;

Quote:
Because you maybe have standards they know they're not going to stick with and would rather have someone maybe they could slip something by.

And yes, when I was single and dating I got a lot of this stuff from guys.

Be very glad they have told you this early on in the relationship, now you can move on and find a guy who wants to have relationship based on love, trust, care & respect.

Good luck x
Arieswoman is offline   Reply With Quote