LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

exgirlfriend coming back...

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2019, 11:59 PM   #1

exgirlfriend coming back...

So.. last week my ex girlfriend from 4 years ago decided to send me a hello. I have been doing pretty well on my own without her after all this time, however a simple greeting has brought back some feelings. I thought it was best to ignore her, which I did.

Today she has followed up asking how I am, and why I am ignoring her.

In my stupidity I'm actually thinking about what to do... some of my friends have said to block her. However she was someone I spent everyday with for 3 years. So these memories are hard to dismiss and not helping me seek clarity of the situation.

I've been very ill the past 4 months, so maybe health anxiety is causing me to over complicate something that shouldn't be difficult. Feel like a idiot for even contemplating replying to her.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by Bloke; 14th March 2019 at 12:21 AM..
Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 12:49 AM   #2
Established Member

How did you guys end things?
sandrawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 12:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrawg View Post
How did you guys end things?
She broke up over a phone call. Went cold immediately. Dragged along as "friends" for 2 weeks before contact stopped both ways. It was ruthless.

I don't think about it much anymore... until this week.
Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 1:25 AM   #4
Established Member

Continue with NC. Block her and don't reply especially when thinking about her brings back the hurt. You don't want this to set you back from moving forward.
assertives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 3:17 AM   #5
Established Member

Ask her what she wants ?
I mean thatís what I would do because Iíd like to know and if itís simetgjng selfish or dumb block her on the spot and donít even reply
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 4:24 AM   #6

Unless you ended on good terms, it would be like buying back your old car, same issues and more mileage. Tread carefully with this one.
Innerbloom is offline   Reply With Quote