Ex liking photos on social media

I’m 2 months NC since the day of the break up. She said she loved me still but isn’t in love with me, I’ll always have a place in her heart etc. Then cried starting hugging me and saying that she loves me. I don’t post a lot of social media but the day before dumping me she liked 2 pictures I put on IG.

I next posted pictures a month after the break up and she liked both of them. Then she ignores pictures I put on a few weeks after that. So I assume she’s over it, doesn’t think about me and has stopped actually caring.

The other day however I put up a pretty boring pic of my dog on a walk, however the context in hindsight does make it look like that I could be out with another girl (I wasn’t) but she likes that. Wtf is going on? Is she playing games, trying to stay relevant because she thinks I’m seeing someone? Does she want me to reach out (no chance I’ll do that) or should I not read anything into this as she was liking stuff the day before dumping me? If it is to show that she still cares about me & is happy for me, WHY would you bother showing that 2 months after breaking up, after having expressed that already by likening previous pictures?

I see so much of the "he liked this picture", "she unfollowed me" he blocked me" type threads. It's just social media and so much is being read into this type of thing. It's gotten a bit ridiculous as far as I am concerned. Maybe I am just old but I don't get it.

• Like 1