Making me jealous through social media

Hey guys.

Just wondering if you all could help me out. Also looking for some female perspective on this aswell.

So, to cut a long story short me and my now ex broke up on NYE. However we both still went out with all of our friends to a club. I left early and she took some guy home. I was a mess, I am feeling a bit better now though.

Anyway a few weeks have passed and I’ve learnt that the guy she slept with, they’re both now talking a meeting up. It sucks but hey.

Personally I think blocking is a little childish and I know people have a different views on that. But now it’s got to the point where she is posting stuff on Twitter about how they are obviously having sex, buying lube, “the only dick I want in my mouth is yours” - seriously.

I’m just trying to make sense of this and why she is doing it. It’s horrible to see but Twitter has a crap blocking method where you can still see everything even after you block them

Some advice on what she’s trying to do etc would be great. Thank you!

Blocking isn't childish. It's a tool to help you move on with your life and not suffer by tormenting yourself by impulsively following her every activity. I get it, we are impulsive creatures, we can't help but wonder about what a recent ex is up to. But over time, those urges will cease. Until they do you need to take steps to cut yourself off.

• Like 3
Personally I think blocking is a little childish and I know people have a different views on that. But now it’s got to the point where she is posting stuff on Twitter about how they are obviously having sex, buying lube, “the only dick I want in my mouth is yours” - seriously.

Anyone who posts something like that for the public to see is about as mature as Stewie Griffin.

Remember that when you feel a stab to the heart about this person. You haven't lost much, evidently. Let her keep you blocked, and aim higher when you venture back out into the dating world.

• Like 2
But now it’s got to the point where she is posting stuff on Twitter about how they are obviously having sex, buying lube, “the only dick I want in my mouth is yours”

Have some fun with it. Nowadays college and job recruiters look at the applicants social media accounts before deciding to accept or hire them. Just imagine them reading about her preferred choice of penis.

• Like 2

Her juvenile childishness aside.

What actually sounds more mature and well adjusted:

1)Checking her social media and getting advice about her motives for what messages she might be obliquely sending you

or

2)Blocking/unfriending her and getting on with your life as if she doesn't exist/matter anymore.

Thinking of blocking as childish, to me, sounds actually like a lame excuse to keep giving her headspace by not doing the obvious.

Oh and in case you were wondering - if she wants to get you jealous its not to get you back. At best its to keep you revved up to be plan b, far more likely its primarily to alternately reassure/alienate her new boytoy to keep him on his toes.

Blocking doesn't seem childish to me. What seems childish is stalking an exes social media and trying to ascertain whether or not they are "making you jealous" or taunting you.

Further, this woman sounds like a skank, for lack of a better term. No class whatsoever. Sounds like you can do much better than that trash. Good luck.

• Like 1

Good news! You don't have to block on Twitter. You can "Mute" and not see their feed and they'll never know the difference. That's what you need to do.

You should be relieved she's out of your life, OP. She sounds trashy as hell. She will end up with somebody that'll treat her like crap and she'll complain about men being *******s for the rest of her life.

Desperatelyconfused

she wrote that on Twitter? Wow, someone needs to have a word with her about respecting herself.

May I suggest that you walk on by and find a high value woman to date? High value women don't do that kind of thing.

By the way, high value men don't do that either.

She sounds like a real "class" act.

You are well rid of her. She would have ended up being a gross embarrassment to you.

As it now stands she is only an embarrassment to herself.

As you said she’s trying to wind you up and thinks that she is succeeding...thus ‘winning’ what ever game she is playing in her head. If you’ve got mutual friends next time you see them mention her & ask if she is ok because you’ve seen these posts & it seems to you that she is having some sort of emotional break down. Say you feel really sorry for her as something must clearly be very wrong but you’re relieved that you managed to get out of the relationship before she had this breakdown. Say you really dogged a bullet.

That is the best way to get her to stop that crap as those mutual friends will tell her. As I said she’s doing this because she thinks it’s getting to you & hurting you. She thinks it’s clever. If you show her that you’re actually concerned about her behaviour it’s the clearest message to her that it’s not getting to you. She will most likely become embarrassed by her posts because as far as she knows you think that she’s gone a bit crazy.

I’m just trying to make sense of this and why she is doing it. It’s horrible to see but Twitter has a crap blocking method where you can still see everything even after you block them

Some advice on what she’s trying to do etc would be great. Thank you!

As Preraph says, mute her and then even if the two of you are contributing to the same thread you won't see any of it.

I'm guessing sex, rather than class and personality, was the big attraction with this one? It happens. Not good that the two of you are part of the same social circle. What do the other people in that circle think of her writing this stuff on Twitter? Have they said anything about it?

• Author

Hey guys. Thanks for the all the advice.

Things have moved on a little bit and I have blocked her on all social media accounts.

I can still see the odd thing however due to mutual friends on some forms of social media and unfortunately it’s kind of the same thing as before. Possibly trying to get a reaction out of me, especially considering she only has like 10 followers on that particular account.

Anyway she’s still seeing the guy and they are meeting up which sucks but as far as I know she isn’t being public about it due to the fact her mother knows who he is and most people know what happened on NYE, I guess.

Anyway I’ve been focusing on myself and I’ve lost stone in weight by going gym and eating well.

It’s just the fact she’s still talking to him is the kicker, I would be okay really if it was just a one night stand.

I’m starting to see her for who she really is and it’s a damn shame as she was such a nice person when we were together. Is she just having a rebound? Maybe, I dunno. However, I’m just gonna take it day by day, ignore social media where possible and focus on myself.

Again thanks for all the input from everyone.