An unusual and painful situation

I’ll try to make this as quick as I can. If anyone wants more info I can share it. I have known this woman for 6 years, and I have fallen in love. Problem is, she’s ten years older than I am. She’s 34 and I’m 24. Despite that, we’ve been very close. No romance or anything, we just hit it off very well and we care about each other very much. I have had feelings for her for a while, but I knew nothing would happen, obviously. Recently, I found out she’s getting married just after new year’s. This all happened SO fast, I found out she got this boyfriend just over a month ago, and just a few weeks after, she’s announcing her engagement. Needless to say, this stunned me and I’m devastated. I stay in bed all day, am not eating much, and am in so much pain. She really was a wonderful person, we were just too different in age. She was one of a kind and very beautiful to me. I’m staying away from her social media, but I’ve still seen a few pictures and things which have hurt me intensely. You can imagine what they are. Not really a “breakup” in the strictest sense, but I don’t think you need to be in a relationship with someone to break up with them. Friends break up, families break up, even the Beatles broke up. How do I move past something like this?

Try to have no contact with her. That means not seeing her, not hearing about her, not seeing things about her. The less you know and see the faster you can move past it.

Go out with your friends and socialize, maybe meet new women just to chat with and remind yourself that there ARE other women out there who are interesting and attractive.

Your were the classic Beta Male Orbiter that got blindsided by the guy his object of orbit had been seeing for quite a while without his knowledge. If I had a dime for every one of these stories.

Don't be a Beta Male Orbiter

You just spent 6 years of your life doing nothing

Focus on women your own age

When she was 24 you were 14

When she was 14 your were 4

• Author
Your were the classic Beta Male Orbiter that got blindsided by the guy his object of orbit had been seeing for quite a while without his knowledge. If I had a dime for every one of these stories.

Don't be a Beta Male Orbiter

You just spent 6 years of your life doing nothing

Focus on women your own age

When she was 24 you were 14

When she was 14 your were 4

I know for a fact that she hasn’t known this guy for very long, and plus, I had a girlfriend when I was in college and went through a whole other breakup, but that’s another story.

Edited by WhiteSides