Do you still feel bad after 7 months?

Me and my ex Gf have been broke up for 7 months. She did the breaking up whilst away for 6 months (3 months in to that holiday). I was in an awfull awfull place for 2-3 months afterwards, and am slowly starting to feel better about it. However I still think about the situation every day, even though I try not too. She’s blocked on every social media platform but whenever she does come up in a mutual friends, I still get that sinking feeling of anger/sadness and major anxiety.

I feel like I now need a new love in my life to move on from her properly although I have no idea where that’s going t come from.

Why Can I not get this out of my head?

(She also asked to see me to ‘clear the air’ the other day but then cancelled and didn’t want to rearrange, that made me even more angry)

Sorry just needed a place to write and discuss

It is absolutely NORMAL to feel that way, I will guess more than 99% of the heartbroken still feel that even more than a year. I did too.

These are waves, once you might feel better the next not so well, it doesn't really affect the process of healing, but it is PART of it.

You must embrace that part, but it is true that the longer NC is not initiated, the longer you take to heal.

After a couple of months,do you think 'clearing the air' is necessary? what exactly do you believe you will hear?.

stay nc and try to move on.

I think that is normal too. Im 4 months in and while the overall feelings of missing them is still there, it has gotten better. I still think about her all the time though.

Someone has recommended I write down, what is it that I miss. I havent yet but it makes sense. Really try to understand what the hole in our heart is about. Then maybe write down too, all the reasons why it didnt work. Maybe keep it in my wallet and look at it anytime my mind start to wonder and get mushy.

I will report back when I actually do it. :)

Totally normal.

If you deeply bonded with her and really became attached, it can take a lot longer than seven months to let her out of your system.

Very, very normal.

I've been in 2 very serious relationships, one of which is my current marriage and relationship before that spanning 10 years as of this December. Before that, I had an intense relationship of 2 1/4 years. It only lasted 2 1/4 years but it was intense. But the last 3-5 months were just a struggle and it finally ended. Even though it was kinda mutual, it was hard as hell because I still had intense feelings for her. I remember dreams, long walks, a few drunken nights. Lots of wondering 'what if I had done this or done that?' afterward. Finally, after about a year, there was acceptance. You'll probably never feel completely okay with it, but you'll eventually accept it. At some point, you'll process that she was a part of your life, not meant to be the lifelong partner.

It's been about 6-7 months for me and I still feel really bad about it. Some days aren't so bad. Mostly my life sucks and im a shell of who I was before. This is the worst breakup ever in my 42 years