ex signed up for a class i assist with

Alright so the guy I've written about on here before... I thought things were over. I haven't heard from him, and I don't have any hard feelings about it anymore. It wasn't for the best and I'm done.

However, I get a message from him telling me he's going to take the course that a family member of mine teaches and I assist with. He knows my family doesn't like him, and I made it pretty clear I was done with him.

So great, now I have to spend a semester tutoring a guy I used to see without my family's permission. I've told my family, and I can be professional around him, I just feel awkward. Has anyone dealt with anything like this and can give me some advice?

You shouldn't do it. You know he's just worming his way back in. Can't your relative say no to him taking the course? Can't they use a different tutor and keep you off the course he's taking?

• Author
You shouldn't do it. You know he's just worming his way back in. Can't your relative say no to him taking the course? Can't they use a different tutor and keep you off the course he's taking?

I talked to them and because my family is very protective, she was going to report him for sexual misconduct and have him taken out of the class. For context, they know that he kissed me one time, and because they heard some bad stories about him told me to stop talking to him. They do not know that I continued to see and talk to him for a while after that. I told them reporting him is not necessary and the kiss wasn't sexual harassment because I was alone with him and I was friends with him at the time. (Also, because I continued to talk to him afterward, which I didn't say).

I wish he'd take the other section of the course offered. However, I am able to be professional around him and offer him the same service I offer other students. I deal with students I dislike all the time and I have to be respectful, and I can do that with him. I neither dislike or like him, he's just a familiar face and I don't want him back. I guess my fear is him bringing up the past in front of my family, which I doubt he would do but if he did would severely damage the relationship I have with them.

ThreeRainbows
I talked to them and because my family is very protective, she was going to report him for sexual misconduct and have him taken out of the class. For context, they know that he kissed me one time, and because they heard some bad stories about him told me to stop talking to him. They do not know that I continued to see and talk to him for a while after that. I told them reporting him is not necessary and the kiss wasn't sexual harassment because I was alone with him and I was friends with him at the time. (Also, because I continued to talk to him afterward, which I didn't say).

I wish he'd take the other section of the course offered. However, I am able to be professional around him and offer him the same service I offer other students. I deal with students I dislike all the time and I have to be respectful, and I can do that with him. I neither dislike or like him, he's just a familiar face and I don't want him back. I guess my fear is him bringing up the past in front of my family, which I doubt he would do but if he did would severely damage the relationship I have with them.

This is almost stalking, assuming he isn't stuck having to take this particular course. Be very careful when you're alone on the campus.

• Author
This is almost stalking, assuming he isn't stuck having to take this particular course. Be very careful when you're alone on the campus.

yeah he has other options. There's another section of the course offered online that he could take or he could take it at one of the sister schools.

Yes, I will be careful. This is just so weird. Thankfully I have people who know me all around campus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I decided to still go on and assist with the class, since I have support from the professor about this.

I noticed him glaring at me and then talking to his friend and pointing at me during class, and I tried not to think too much of it. During class he never said a word to me.

He then sends me an email the next day asking me to help him with something the professor literally explained 3 times during class and sent an email about. I just told him to look at the professor's email.

And now he got a job where I work, so I have to see him during trainings.

I'm really trying to just not let it bother me, but I'm just frustrated because I didn't want to have to see him this semester. I don't have feelings for him, but literally whenever I'm near him I just get anxious and want to go away.

It almost seems like now that I'm done with him and I'm not looking to be with him he's trying to insert himself into my life more than ever.