Feeling anxious about seeing my X

We broke up about 3 weeks ago after a road trip. The breakup came out of nowhere for me. For me I knew she had some baggage to sort through so I took things really slow, but after 9 months I was fully vested in the relationship, and frankly really felt strong about the connection we were forming. It is obvious that she has fears about relationships that led to the sudden end of ours.

Its been just over two weeks since we last spoke when I was returning the key to her house. At this point I do still miss her. I don't feel the need to be in NC but I am certainly not reaching out to her.

Today after work I am heading out to a music festival, in my city, that is on the waterfront. My boat is anchored there, with a hundred other boats, and I will be living on the boat for the next week of the music festival. Originally she would have been out there with me as she loves the Blues Fest, and I know she will still be going, almost definitely on her paddle board.

It is inevitable we will run into each other.

I'm just full of this anxious feeling about the inevitable. Not looking forward to seeing her, simply because I am still hurt and missing her. I have a ton of friends coming out to be on the boat for the music, many of them women. Its just the thought that at anytime she will be paddling by looking all hot in her tiny bikini.

I know I can put on the fake and pretend that "all is well" in my world, but I would feel a whole lot better if I knew she would definitely not be there. Its all killing my buzz for my favorite party of the year.

So many of us know the anxiety you are feeling but it's just a fact of life. When a couple divorces or separates and there are children involved often there are years of being in the same place at the same time for kid things.

Couples with the same circle of friends it also happens they end up together in the same place or event.

I didn't say it didn't suck I said it's just life. I know I never got use to it even after 17 years until the kids were grown and gone. Just carry on with your plans and have a good time. There is a good chance she is not looking forward to running into you either.