Are Older Women any Different when it comes to Breaking Up?

I was just wondering from peoples perceptions and experience whether older women, say 45+ are any different when it comes to getting back with their Ex's?

I read a lot on here how when a woman moves on and doesn't want a guy to fight for them then it's best to just walk away but it seems a lot of people in this boat are fighting for a girl in the twenties and thirties age bracket.

Basically I have recently broken up with a woman who is 45 and I want to fight for her but don't know whether I might be fighting a losing battle or if it might be different from younger girls who might have more options and might be a bit less mature.

I would say older women are no different than younger women when it comes to breaking up. Their hearts break just like a younger woman but the older you get the harder it is to bounce back from these break ups. I would think an older woman would be more willing to reconcile a break up because they don't want to get thrown back into the dating pool again.

• Author

That's kind of what I mean, we broke up mutually around 4-5 weeks ago, I was hurting a lot and read all about the no contact rule so blocked her and said I couldn't do the just friends thing. The block only lasted 4 days and then I unblocked her and apologised, told her I loved her and how I wanted to be with her. We got back together but over that time things just didn't feel the same so I called her out on it over the weekend and she said 'things changed when you blocked me'.

I sent her a long heartfelt message afterwards saying how I am prepared to fight for her and want to be with her and her reply was 'lets leave it for now, I'll call you in a few days'.

I haven't heard from her since and have not messaged her so am giving her time and space.

You are doing the right thing by giving her space. I imagine she viewed your blocking her as immature and it gave her pause. Just be cool and wait it out.

These are generalizations but . . .

when I was younger, immature & figuring out how to date I was more likely to say one thing & mean another e.g. I want to break up really meant please chase me & prove that you care.

As I matured I stopped playing those games. If I say I want to break up I mean get out of my life & leave me alone. If I think my SO isn't paying enough attention to me, I say that & ask him to plan a romantic date or get me flowers etc.

• Like 1

From my experience an older woman is more likely to mean it when she says its over. In other words, its a very good chance the BU will stick.

They have life experiences behind them that seem to justify in their mind the decision is correct without much of a struggle. Younger women tend to struggle with dumping more so you tend to get a more drawn out BU.

I experienced this last year where I got dumped by an older woman on about the 4th date. I could tell she really meant it and I got over it in about 2 days and was actual thankful it happened early. Wasn't really keen on being with someone who could make such a fast decision so easily. She actually started bread crumbing me 3 months later which I thought was funny for someone i'd only had 4 dates with. Made me even more glad it ended.

Presently trying out a relationship with someone way younger and its going well. Like other younger women I've dated, I feel like she is just taking things as they come.

No they are very different...

Older women are grown, and most of them are not going to put up with any crap. They are too valuable, and they know what they want.

Not everyone of them but most.

That is why guys that are not morons want to be with them in the first place.

They are not children, a lot less drama, unless they are crazy. They are in the prime of their sexual power, and most of them know that.

Basically they don't put up with any foolishness.

Why did she breakup with you in the first place?

• Author
Why did she breakup with you in the first place?

She felt that we were in different stages in life. She's obviously a few years older and has kids whereas I don't.

I have assured her again and again that this doesn't bother me and that I love her and want to be with her regardless of that.

She felt that we were in different stages in life. She's obviously a few years older and has kids whereas I don't.

I have assured her again and again that this doesn't bother me and that I love her and want to be with her regardless of that.

She knows that. She meant that she doesn't see you as being a good match for her. She might be wanting someone with more life experience. Unfortunately some people are very matter of fact. If you haven't had kinds, don't have a high-powered job etc, then some people just label you as someone without sufficient life experience.

The real core issue is she does not love you. And because she doesn't love you she finds it easy to find faults with you. When people fall out of love, they try to find reasons to explain why. Often, they don't even know themselves but they try to find answers.