No contact stories

I know that no contact is for you and to take power back, but im just interested in any stories where someone you were dating who became distant, how long until they eventually contacted you. What do they usually say. I just wanna be prepared for what may happen, im currently one week NC.

Contact following a break up is usually quite an anticlimax.

They usually send some kind of funny (cat) picture or ask some questions how you are and if you're dating someone new.

Try to focus on something else, if they text you just answer like you would anyone else (or not at all).

Expectations: "Hi x, I just wanted to say that I've missed you so much. I realised that I was wrong and I'm ready to give it another shot. I might never meet someone like you ever again and I can't let you go so easily. Please let's get back together and make it work. Love you, x"

Reality: "Hey. Sup? Hope you're doing ok"

• Like 2

It's best if you just block then you won't have to deal with a thing.

Living on hopium won't get you much

• Like 1

If the relationship/dating becomes distant for a reason I am aware of I would immediately block that person so no further contact could be made. If becoming distant seems to be random then I would wait it out and see what happens.

As for my experiences, my break ups have been mutual break ups and we both moved on.

My no contact experience: In this story I am the one with a broken heart. I went silent and devoted my time licking my wounds. He contacted me after 6 weeks and I thought OMG he's regretting breaking up! He admited he contacted me after 6 weeks only because he wondered if I would reply.

There are cruel people like this so when you break up just block and delete.

CautiouslyOptimistic
It's best if you just block then you won't have to deal with a thing.

Living on hopium won't get you much

Hopium :).

CrazyKatLady

Move on. NC has been initiated. One of the person's involved is tired of the B.S. and has already let go. If there had been anything worth talking about, you'd still be talking...

When I've gone NC with an ex, I almost never heard from them again. One only texted me to toy with me and my first boyfriend and I stay in contact occasionally as just friends. There's no going back there as he is now married with a cute kid.

With casual dating NC, one hit me up again, we talked for a bit, and he ghosted me again when he found someone else to date. Again. Another one hit me up just to see if I'd get physical (nope). And another one hit me up once in a while without making plans to meet (recently texted me "Hey babe") so I blocked him on everything.

A couple of others, I'm just friends with now.

For me, after NC, relationships me are never rekindled romantically.

I know that no contact is for you and to take power back, but im just interested in any stories where someone you were dating who became distant, how long until they eventually contacted you. What do they usually say. I just wanna be prepared for what may happen, im currently one week NC.

This week I was contacted by a woman I'd had a (fairly intense) purely text relationship with from YEARS ago. After that re-initiation of contact, we ended up having a real date for THE FIRST TIME! Nuts huh? The date was a bit weird and nothing will come of it. So I think the answer to your question is, anything can happen.

Romantic_Antics
Expectations: "Hi x, I just wanted to say that I've missed you so much. I realised that I was wrong and I'm ready to give it another shot. I might never meet someone like you ever again and I can't let you go so easily. Please let's get back together and make it work. Love you, x"

Reality: "Hey. Sup? Hope you're doing ok"

More like...

Reality: *crickets*

• Like 1

They'll strike a conversation with you about the most randomest topic or something somewhat relatable to you. They might tell you they had a dream about you or they saw something that reminded them of you.

My ex after 3 weeks of NC emailed me regarding a job link as an example.

Another ex would message "Hi" after 2-3 months of silence. When I started to feel like I was finally moving on, she'd contact me and set me back 10 steps. When I blocked her, she found other ways to reach me.

Those messages aren't pleasant because they plant seeds. Given our heart hasn't likely healed yet, we hope it could mean something. 9 times out of 10, it ends up meaning nothing and their return is for a self-serving reason that benefits only them. We're left feeling like crap all over again. But, our heart always wants to focus on the possibly that it isn't that which is why so many of us get into trouble.

A safe time-frame for these texts are up to a year. As the months progress, it becomes less and less likely you will hear from them but still possible. But, do not hold on. Assume you will never hear from them again and proceed as such when grieving. The objective after a breakup is to return to the strong, confident person you used to be before you met them + all the wisdom you've gained in the relationship and afterwards. That's what attracted them and others in the first place. If you don't properly grieve as well as move passed the heartbreak, you won't be in proper condition to date someone new or handle an ex if they come back.

If they end up messaging you and you still wish them back in your life and are curious about their intentions, then I advise you to tread carefully. Within 2-3 exchanges of text, tell them you are busy at the moment and suggest meeting up. Their response to that request will give you an idea of hw full of sh*t they are. If they somehow talk they their way out of answering, forget them. If they do meet up, have a good time and enjoy the moment with them but also know that your heart is on the line and this person broke it once. You need to know why they are back. Stay in control, stay direct, keep the bs to a minimal. Your time, your emotions, your life.

- Beach

Edited by Beachead
  • Like 1

Me and my ex-GF had 2 break up-s. The first one was in December when during a fight she told me that she has a secret which she would not tell me. I tried my best to make her tell me about it but she didn't so I told her to leave my home which I was sharing with her. I missed her as hell and continued texting her with no response. On Christmas I called her on the phone and she told me to stop trying to contact her, wishing me all the best for the Holidays and etc. I went in No Contact regimen and 2 weeks later she texted me for my Name Day. She told me her secret (that her parents didn't like me) and offered to meet us and I accepted. When we met us, we started hugging, kissing and crying because it was obvious that we have missed each other as hell and we reunited.

4 months later after a lot of ups and downs and she constantly threatening me that she would leave me for telling her to stop accusing me for this and that (for things like I've forgotten to put my shoes in their place or I've forgotten (or I didn't have the time) to clean the living room) I pointed her the door. She started crying and preparing her stuff and left me. The same evening I saw that she has blocked me on FB but later the same evening she did unblock me. Days later I noticed that she had removed all the photos of us she has uploaded on FB and she also had un-tagged herself from those I did upload. I deleted all of them, blocked her and now I'm in No Contact regimen again.

My ex sent me an email last week to say he was receiving Payless shoesource coupons at his home(we used to live there together) and to ask me where I got a travel coffee mug (his dad wanted one).

:rolleyes:

I went NC 2 weeks too late, not aware of the correct protocol for handling being dumped, and in this case, left for an ex that she soon broke things off with again soon after and even returned to me in the process, but it was BS. She was iffy and me over pursuing turned her off. I probably looked like a weak shell of a man to her. But it was all for the best as you'll read on. Plus she didn't deserve me anyway.

I deleted her from my social media and began NC. 2 months in, ironically just as I seemed to finally start forgetting about her, she had the nerve to view my Match.com profile and re-enter my head. But that was it. Never actually heard from her. 1.5 months later I notice she's back with her ex that she initially left me for, so, I'm glad she never reached out, and I'm glad she knew, even if subconsciously, to never come near me again seeing as how she was in no way over the guy.

4 months of NC today and I'm better than I've ever been.