I don't know how to move forward

Heartbroken 18

My boyfriend of 4 years left me out of the blue for another woman. Her met her in a bar and moved in with her 10 days later. Yesterday he came to pick up his things and I finally had a chance to talk to him. He said he was sorry for what he did and that he really did love me. He said he just didn't feel like I cared if he was here anymore. He told me that he is happy with her and he's not going to leave her. He just wanted space from me after he cheated and I wouldn't give it to him without a fight. Then he said that maybe in a couple of years if things change we can get back together. They've been living together for 6 weeks now and they are posting all over Facebook how happy and in love they are. She has 3 children who he even made his background picture on Facebook... Not his own daughter. In the 4 years we dated I took care of his daughter... Now all of a sudden he's pretending to like kids

Everyone says he did me a favor by leaving but I'm devastated. There was no sign this was about to happen. He even stayed at my house for the entire week after he met her talking to her the entire time and nothing changed. Then when he asked for space I found out about her. I talked to her, she didn't know I exsited and yet she still let him move in with her 10 days later.

I feel like I should be better by now but honestly every day gets harder.

The sudden & dramatic end to a 4 year relationship is going to hurt for longer then 6 weeks.

The first thing you need to do is disconnect from him on all social media. You don't need to see the new pictures with the new life. Looking at them is part of what's keeping you from moving forward.

If you haven't already discard or at least box up all the mementos. Save all the pictures of you to a flash drive but get them off your computer.

Now make some small changes. Redecorate your living space. Get a hair cut

Surround yourself with supportive friends. They seem to be wise, pointing out that you are better off without him.

• Like 3
He just wanted space from me after he cheated and I wouldn't give it to him without a fight.

He said he was sorry for what he did and that he really did love me.

Huh? HE wanted space, AFTER he cheated. That's rich.

I would have given him all the space he needed...

My friend, don't confuse this for love. People who love each other don't do this to each other...

• Like 2
DallasEllie

I'm so sorry this happened to you. What he did was pretty cruel... and I can only imagine trying to get over this is going to be hell. But good luck with starting fresh anyways- it'll be worth it when you find someone who won't cheat, or treat you like that.

I'm sorry he is such a jerk. And yes, you are better off without him, but I know that's cold comfort right now. You need to block him off all your social media and telephone so he can't play you because I bet he will see if you'll still have sex with him while he's with this other woman. A lot of them try it. If you're desperate enough, you do it hoping he'll come back, but it's a critical error. Once he knows you will accept less, less is all you'll ever get from him.

Block him and then you do NOT go on his social media and torture yourself. You're still young. You can surely do better than this lying cheating jerk. Have some dignity. Have some self-respect. If you don't, no one else will.

• Like 1