Do I try to win her back???

Me and my girlfriend if over one year just broke up. I hate to admit it but I was dumped. We are both in college about 30 minutes away. We hung out the day before the break up and everything went fine! The next morning I woke up to a text saying she was stressed and anxious and wanted to talk. She stated she was anxious about not seeing me a lot in college and didn't know if we were the right people for each other. I blame myself, I had become really distant and took our relationship for granted. Now I really want her back, and have changed! I would put a lot more time into the relationship! It has been a week so far with no contact, how long should I wait before I break no contact?! I don't want her to move on but I want her to reflect. Thanks

Well, nobody likes to be dumped. That really stinks you were on the receiving end, especially since you had a year invested in that relationship. The good news is that of the 7.2 billion people on this earth, a little more than half are female...so that leaves a little over 3.6 billion others with whom you may find a soulmate. I guess what I am getting at is life is full of ups and downs. There will be many relationships. Most will fail, but in each there are learning points that, when put together over time, will hopefully help you when you finally find that perfect person with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. Perhaps this might be a great time to sit back and honestly assess what you may have done differently so you can improve yourself for your next relationship...and then move on. If you two were meant to be together, then you'll end up together. If not, you'll meet someone else, and you'll be a better person for having learned from this experience.

• Like 1