3/12 of NC and then this

Me and my ex are both in our thirties and had been dating for around 5 months. We had an argument (the second in 5 months) it was very petty when I think about it now.

He forgot who he told he was going oversees with his 10 year old son. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about and that he may have told someone else, it just wasn't me.

Next thing I know he flips out on me over the phone and asks me if I think he's talking to other women. We had a back and forth (no cursing involved) A day later I call to apologize to him about snapping at him and for being rude. He said we are cool and got off the phone saying he was taking his son to the park.

That was nearly a month ago, he never texted me or called me after that day. I didn't reach out either, I thought he needed some space and he takes time to forgive, it wasn't until the second week when I found it ridiculous and told myself the petty argument didn't warrant nearly four weeks of silence.

Then out of the blue, he text me a few days ago with a different number saying "hello stranger" I politely asked who it was and he says Mike. I asked if he got another number and he said he had two numbers, I didn't respond after that. Last night he send me a picture of some stuff I used to buy in Sprouts asking if it's the right one. I haven't responded to that either.

I mean this guy disregarded my existence and now he is acting like nothing ever happened. I was hurting so bad at how he ignored me for weeks. I accepted that he had dumped me and decided to move on. I was crushed, lost a lot of weight, I took the break up harder than I imagined. He left me emotionally and mentally scarred and now he texts as if we are long lost best friends.

Edited by Freesia120
HarmonyDriven

I accepted that he had dumped me and decided to move on.

IMO, I would continue to think this way and continue to handle the situation as you have been doing - ignoring his text messages. By ignoring his text messages, you are control of your love life, not him. Good for you! (thumbs up!)

Don't be emotionally/mentally scarred, you dodged a bullet. He was not the right person for you.

• Like 1