When you know you messed up

Serious question and extremely hard to mask...how do you heel and let go knowing you're the one who caused issues in the relationship? She wasn't perfect by any means but I messed up on some things and it's killing me after some days of no contact. How do you cope like this?

By learning from your mistakes. You've already taken the first step by acknowledging them. Some people can't / won't do this. You're lucky that you're not that type of person. You know you made mistakes, and you know what they are.

While you're healing from your breakup, take the time to think about what you're going to do to change as a person and make sure you don't make the same mistakes again in your next relationship, whenever that may be.

What you shouldn't do is focus on the past, if the previous relationship is gone. You can't change it, and thinking of all your regrets is a negative way of thinking. Thinking about avoiding the mistakes again is the positive way of thinking about it.

Hi Hma 123, what does this lady mean to you?.

You mentioned both of you seemed to have your own kind of shortcomings. How about you can reach out to her and talk it out.

You'll just feel better if you get to apologize and if she won't have any of it then move on in peace knowing you did the right thing.

I can tell you I have been on the other side of apologizing and it was not entirely my fault but I decided to apologize for the sake of peace as my ex boyfriend was going through a lot and guess what? He ignored me for a whole month!! He didn't call me or text me at all, literally disappeared from the face of the earth on me.

I didn't feel the need to reach out after I had called him for a verbal apology because I was already on the Exit lane due to so many bad things outweighing the good in the r/ship. That argument didn't warrant 4 weeks of silence from him and it showed me his true character.

Do you feel like your relationship has come to an end?

Edited by Freesia120

By even asking this Q you are making progress. You look at what you have done, you think about why & you learn to not do it in your next relationship

• Like 1