Ex looking for attention

Not to get into too many details.... me and a girl broke up we only dated for about 6 months but it was a strong stable 6 months. Both in mid twenties

Of course I was one of "them" who thought she was the one...even so soon...but things turned for the worst and her family got into our relationship BIG time and now they're not fond on me (for very minor reasons) and we broke up 2 days ago... bottom line is now she's trying to get me extremely jealous and posting selfies on instagram and liking guys photo and so forth. Yes I know she's her own person, I know she can do whatever she wants. But she never did this stuff while we were together and it's very eye opening to me the real person she may truly be.

Do I love the girl? I dont think I do, but I certainly cared for a lot and gave up a lot of time and energy on her.

Anyone experience this before? Ex changes drastically right after break up? Btw I've been doing the no contact rule and will continue to do that. We haven't spoke in days.

I don't think it will ever work out because of her family so I'm not "trying" to get her back. I'm just hurt and feel betrayed. How do I stop the self loafing thoughts and jealousy?

You can avoid all this by simply blocking her off social media and staying off her social media. People do this all the time. The goal here for both of you should be to not care what the other person is doing or thinking. Don't give her the satisfaction of knowing she's making you mad and jealous. Just get off her social media, block her from yours and your telephone, and ask any mutual friends NOT to update you on her because you've moved on.

• Like 1
  • Author

How to get over seeing your ex (very recent ex as in days) so happy? I know you're not suppose to look at their social media and so forth but it's almost impossible not to. My pictures are removed from everything and she has posted all new pictures with her friends looking so happy and normal. She seems she genuinely wants to move on and I just don't. I'm good at no contact and we haven't spoke since the break up just 3 days ago. But how do you do it seeing them so happy? Especially when I don't post anything and I'm just miserable. I don't get it how certain people can move on so easy. She's added different guys and everything already. We are NOT getting back together but I just don't know how to cope when she's going out and doing her again......

• Author

How can you truly get over lust for someone ? Does anyone have any true advice for this? I think after the break up with my ex it wasn't love for her it was lust. Any advice or even a good article/YouTube video?

I just don't know how to cope when she's going out and doing her again......

You do you, the real you, and you fake it until it's normal again.

Also, NC is about not looking at online stuff either. You shouldn't know if she's alive or dead.

This isn't about you.

You've spoken about issues with her in the past with her liking photos of guys on Instagram, so I'm guessing she really enjoys the whole selfie thing. I reckon it's more likely she stopped posting photos of herself out of respect for you while you were together....but now you've broken up, she can go back to doing what she wants.

• Like 1
How to get over seeing your ex (very recent ex as in days) so happy? I know you're not suppose to look at their social media and so forth but it's almost impossible not to. My pictures are removed from everything and she has posted all new pictures with her friends looking so happy and normal. She seems she genuinely wants to move on and I just don't. I'm good at no contact and we haven't spoke since the break up just 3 days ago. But how do you do it seeing them so happy? Especially when I don't post anything and I'm just miserable. I don't get it how certain people can move on so easy. She's added different guys and everything already. We are NOT getting back together but I just don't know how to cope when she's going out and doing her again......

Trustvne it's an act. That comes from a place or anger is as angry with u? I guarantee she's trying to get into ur head and make u jealous she's not over u believe me if there's anger

I'm with Bummer on this. It's called 'Fake it till you make it'. She's putting the pieces back together the way she wants them to look. In time she will get used to being without you and this will become her normal.

Either that, or she's not grieving the relationship at all and has hit the ground running.

I've done both....

• Like 1

Find another lust. That is my advice. Lust is fleeting. If it's something more deep and meaningful you seek, check back. I feel your pain.

It is a weird behavior on her side.

Very immature and "vengeful"...trying to punish you and make you jealous at the same time.

It is out of hurt and it is very impulsive.

You did not reveal the minor detail that her family is so mad about, so I do not know exactly whether them being upset is something legit or not....

If she dumped you then she should reach out if she wanted to get back together.

How to stop the jealous thoughts? You can't but with no contact you can distance yourself from the situation and heal faster. Focus on something constructive around you ...

You cope by keeping yourself out of the house and off of social media. Don't say it is impossible because you just have to do it. As long as you continue to check her SM you will stay in the state you are in now, Find your strength and move on.

If they're kind, they're trying to manipulate you and throwing breadcrumbs, if they act as you never existed, they're mean.

Aghh, sometimes I hate the way people judge dumpers. No matter what you do, you're the devil. Dumpers are in pain too.

Sorry, just a rant...

trustyourself
If they're selfish, they try to manipulate you and throwing breadcrumbs, if they act as you never existed, it hurts, but in time you will heal.

Fixed that for ya :p