LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Heartbroken Dumper...

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2017, 4:16 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchypoo31 View Post
God, Zahara, you're last msg hit me like a bolt of lightening. YOu are SO right. I blocked him on Match and my phone and I actually feel better. LIke I just took some of my power back. I'm not going to sit around and wait to see if he reaches out. You're totally right that I'm just prolonging the pain of it all. THank you so much!!!
You've taken steps to empower yourself so good for you!! You may not believe this but having been on LS for a long while, most times, people stay in bad relationships by choice. What you are doing is courageous and strong so know that you have it in you to barrel through this.

It's going to be a painful at times and you're going to doubt yourself. It's going to come in waves. One day you'll feel optimistic about your decision and moving forward and the next you may likely be a puddle on the floor. Let those days come and go. You will grieve this loss and you will move through that process. It will be normal to go up and down.

Just don't give in to those bad days but manage them by leaning on your friends and family and even LS. Find comfort in those that care and love you, not the ones that cause you pain. There's going to come a day when you will begin to feel hopeful again. The pain will lessen and the mental clarity will set in -- you will start to embrace it as a step in the right direction.

Give yourself that chance. I promise there is going to come a time when you look back on this and realize that it was the best thing you did for yourself. For now, stay strong, focus on why you did this, know that the pain you feel now is only temporary and that it won't always stay this way. It's going to get better. Chin up.
Old 17th August 2017, 7:34 PM   #17
Established Member

You dumped him for smothering you, then you get back with him. Now you're giving out because he is indifferent to you? Not being funny but it sounds like you don't know what you want.
breadbin is offline   Reply With Quote